What Is a 3D Payment Gateway?

What Is a 3D Payment Gateway?

A Story by michael bedwell
"

A 3D payment gateway is an online service that provides a secure, real-time connection between a merchant and a customer's bank.

"

A 3D payment gateway is an online service that provides a secure, real-time connection between a merchant and a customer's bank. This connection allows customers to make online purchases using their credit or debit cards.

3D payment gateways are different from traditional payment processors in that they offer an added layer of security, called 3-D Secure. This security measure helps to prevent fraud by verifying the customer's identity before the transaction is processed.

3D payment gateways are available from a number of different providers. Some of the most popular include Authorize.Net, Braintree, and Stripe.

To use a 3D payment gateway, merchants must first create an account with a provider. Once the account is set up, the merchant will need to integrate the gateway into their website. This process typically involves adding a few lines of code to the site's checkout page.

Once the gateway is integrated, customers will be able to make purchases on the site using their credit or debit cards. When making a purchase, the customer will be prompted to enter their 3-D Secure information, which will be used to verify their identity.

If the customer's identity is successfully verified, the transaction will be processed and the funds will be deposited into the merchant's account. If the verification process fails, the transaction will be declined and the customer will not be charged.

3D payment gateways offer a number of advantages for both merchants and customers. For merchants, they provide a simple way to accept credit and debit card payments online. And for customers, they offer an extra level of security when making online purchases.

What Are the Benefits of a 3D Payment Gateway?

There are a number of benefits that come with using a 3D payment gateway. Perhaps the most obvious benefit is the added security that comes with 3-D Secure. This security measure helps to prevent fraud by verifying the customer's identity before the transaction is processed. This can give customers peace of mind when making online purchases, and can help to build trust between the customer and the merchant.

Another benefit of using a 3D payment gateway is that it can help to improve conversion rates. Customers are more likely to complete a purchase if they know that their personal information is safe and secure. And since 3D payment gateways make it easy for customers to make purchases on a merchant's website, they can help to increase sales and revenue.

Finally, 3D payment gateways can save merchants money by reducing the risk of chargebacks. Chargebacks occur when a customer disputes a charge on their credit or debit card statement. If a chargeback is filed, the merchant will be responsible for paying the disputed amount, plus any associated fees.

By using a 3D payment gateway, merchants can help to reduce the risk of chargebacks by verifying the customer's identity before the transaction is processed. This verification can help to ensure that the customer is legitimate and that the purchase is legitimate. And if a chargeback does occur, the 3D payment gateway will be responsible for paying the disputed amount, not the merchant.

What Are the Disadvantages of a 3D Payment Gateway?

There are a few potential disadvantages of using a 3D payment gateway. First, there is the additional cost that comes with using a 3D payment gateway. This cost is typically passed on to the merchant in the form of a transaction fee. Second, 3D payment gateways can add an extra step to the checkout process, which can lead to some customers abandoning their carts.

Finally, some customers may be reluctant to enter their 3-D Secure information, which can impact conversion rates.

Despite these potential disadvantages, 3D payment gateways offer a number of advantages that can outweigh the disadvantages. And for many merchants, the benefits of using a 3D payment gateway far outweigh the disadvantages.

© 2022 michael bedwell


Author's Note

michael bedwell

Another benefit of using a 3D payment gateway is that it can help to improve conversion rates. Customers are more likely to complete a purchase if they know that their personal information is safe and secure. And since 3D payment gateways make it easy for customers to make purchases on a merchant's website, they can help to increase sales and revenue.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey people…. If spam like this, from bottom feeders who clutter the site, like this one, bother you. Have fun, and revenge. Do a Google search on the company name and, “reviews.” Then add a 1 star review of your own, one that says something like:

*******
This company spams websites with poorly written “advertisements” that are unrelated to the site’s mission and clientele. They, obviously, don’t care about the people they annoy. For example, they spam a site like Writer’s Café an spot where writers post their work, with what’s listed as a story, but is, in reality, poorly written spam for this company. Is this really a company you want to deal with, or trust?
*******

Then, before you close the comment, paste in the address of the spam page, so the company will see the spam, and the name of the one dropping it, and know who to blame.

Even better…copy the address at the top of this screen, and send an email to the company being spammed for. Maybe something like:

*******
Someone is spamming for your company on the Writers’ site, WritersCafe.org. They’re doing it poorly, and it’s not a credit or a recommendation for, your company. You might want to look. One of their spams is here:
*******

Then, below that, paste in the address of this page. Maybe even send them a screenshot of the page, including one of this response. That should be a fun read for the company bigwigs.

I REALLY hate spam..really.


Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
1 Review
Added on April 5, 2022
Last Updated on April 5, 2022
Tags: 3D payment gateway

Author

michael bedwell
michael bedwell

About
Manoj Bhatt is a professional digital marketer, blogger, and content writer working with leading merchant services provider company Host Merchant Services in the USA. more..

Writing