three

three

A Chapter by therealMEL
"

Monday, January 18. 2016

"
14:30
I wanted to start off saying that it is absolutely gorgeous outside right now. The past few days haven't been weather friendly, as in it has been below -20 and the sky has been terribly dark. Thankfully today is only -2 and it feels warm enough with the sun to only wear a t shirt; maybe. 
This is also the first time that I am writing outside of my comfy bed. I am currently in the public library that isn't too far from my home. The only reason I am here is so I can force myself to do my homework and projects before school tomorrow since I know I won't from my bedroom. Before I came I stopped at Safeway to grab a panini (which is my absolute favorite lunch snack) and I always get ham and swiss on white bread. I also got my usual Starbucks drink but I changed it up and got a refresher today. I'm also wearing soccer pants and Nike runners, I hope I'm not too white girl.
To disclosure some more information about me to y'all, I am only half white. My other half is Filipino. The majority of people I know never figure out my nationality. I get a perfect mix of people saying I'm either full white or I'm full Filipino. It's actually pretty funny to hear people guess because when I tell then I'm half French / half Filipino they seem so amazed. I guess it's because where I currently live "halfies" aren't the majority but where I come from everyone is a "haflie".

21:20
I wanted to get writing on here while I still have the chance because I know once I pull out my phone and open up Youtube I won't be writing on here anymore today.
Jones told me today that "Life is too short". I already know that life is short but he went on further to say how we need to grasp every day and every second that we can and make the most out of it doing things we love with the people we love. I agree with him completely, and the thing is (reflecting back on my past week) I am living. Sure some people might look at my previous week and say, "what a waste of time", but the things I did were for a reason and I love my hobbies and my passions fully. So to hell whatever you think.
Jones also asked me (and himself) questions that we would both answer. For example, is going for lunch with your ex okay if you don't tell your current girl/boyfriend? We went through a few of those type questions when eventually Jones told me a story about one of his best friends Dicarlo (not his real name). During my 12th year of high school, Dicarlo dated a girl named, for the sake of this story, Alice. Almost everyone in the school "shipped" their relationship, and even I were fond of their chemistry. Around graduation time, things started to get tense between the two. At grad breakfast, from where I was sitting, I saw Alice, Dicarlo, and another boy who was friends with both of them off to the side. Dicarlo was yelling at the other boy as Alice looked close to tears. Until today I didn't know the meaning behind it. Apparently, Alice slept with the other boy behind Dicarlo's back. 
Harsh.
I definitely think that's a deal breaker for a relationship to end, but I guess not to them (as they are currently still dating).
I guess the only reason why I'm writing this personal story of theirs on here is because Jones said I can't tell anyone, and what better way to let it out then an anonymous post.
Besides that, about 30 minutes ago I got home and I spent those 30 minutes pampering myself to the fullest. I usually don't have time, or I pretend I'm too busy, to treat my body with care but today I felt motivated. I took a nice low shower and actually shaved, which, if you are a girl reading, this is surprising to do in the winter without a reason. I fully scrubbed my face and lotioned it. I also went ahead and lotioned my entire body as well which was very needed. I did my girl essentials such as plucking the eyebrows and doing my nails. I think that calls for a successful end to my night.


© 2016 therealMEL


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on January 18, 2016
Last Updated on January 19, 2016
Tags: weather, Starbucks, nationality, Safeway, library, Jones, relationship, pamper, living


Author

therealMEL
therealMEL

About
"Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel. And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new. Just lesser versions of what I've already felt." more..

Writing
lost soul lost soul

A Poem by therealMEL


one one

A Chapter by therealMEL


two two

A Chapter by therealMEL