Chapter 14 - Dealing With Depression

Chapter 14 - Dealing With Depression

A Chapter by Lolo K
"

again you see Lisey and Daniel getting closer and closer but more as friends, whereas Lauren and Austin are portrayed here more as a match, soulmates

"

Chapter 14

 

Lauren ended up walking the next day, and Jamie could walk with the help of the crutches everyone pitched in to make for her.  When Austin, Daniel, Lisey, and Sam were all doing their appointed jobs, Lauren wandered over to where Jamie was, in the pen that everyone made for the pets. Jamie looked up and started to talk.  “It’s been days now.  We don’t know where we are, the pilot’s dead, all our parents happen to be dead, all the adults are coincidently gone, I’m injured, and we have no idea if it’s healing or taking a turn for the worse, you passed out, all the pets are alive, no one knows how each other handles depression, which will kick in soon, and we’re all becoming rather intolerant of each other!”

“Wow.”  Lauren said.  “That’s quite a list.”

“Yeah.”  Jamie sighed.  “I would have never thought I’d end up in a situation like this.”

“Most people take everything they have for granted, and don’t really know what they had until it gone.”

“Wow… that’s deep.”

“Yeah, I read it on a billboard on the way to the airport.”

*~*~*

Daniel and Lisey were out looking for food when they heard music.  Trailing up to where the end of the forest met the beach, they saw Austin playing his guitar; he was playing Edelweiss.

“Wow.  The pilot died, and yet, his guitar is in perfect condition.” Lisey said shaking her head.  “Is that his way of dealing with depression?”

“No.”  Daniel answered.  “I wouldn’t think I guy like Austin could get depressed.

“Yeah…” Lisey agreed.

The two, then shied back into the forest.  As they were still wandering to look for more food, they heard someone singing and decided to o check it out.  Without being seen, they watched Lauren walked along the shore, singing Edelweiss. 

Lisey looked at Daniel.  “That’s really ironic.”  And again, they shied back into the forest and continued on looking for more food.

 



© 2009 Lolo K


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on March 13, 2009


Author

Lolo K
Lolo K

MI



About
i like to write :D more..

Writing
Defiled Defiled

A Book by Lolo K


Defiled - Prologue Defiled - Prologue

A Chapter by Lolo K


Inevitable Inevitable

A Book by Lolo K