Chapter 21 - The "Lair"

Chapter 21 - The "Lair"

A Chapter by Lolo K

Chapter 21

The “Lair”

 

“Kade?!”  Lisey gasped as she ran to him.  Lauren split to check on Shawn and Vince.

“Kade?” Lisey grabbed his shoulder and his eyes shot open.

“Lisey?  What are you doing here?

“Lauren and I are on yearbook.  We have to get here early.  What happened?”

“Whinny was-“ He stopped and looked over, expecting to see Whinny.

“D****t!”  He yelled very loudly as he leapt up.  “Vince!”   He called as Vince and Shawn were being helped up by Lauren.  “They took Whinny!”

Shawn looked clueless, but thoughtful. Vince didn’t show any emotion.  Kade looked angrier than he did sad. 

“Wait… what’s going on?”  Lauren asked. 

Ignoring her, Vince turned to Shawn and the same idea popped into their heads.  “Spencer.” The said in unison.

Kade just looked at them.  “Yeah,” Vince turned to him.  “She’s been out of the hospital for two weeks now.  The police are still on it, but we figured she was taken by the hunter.  He might have taken her somewhere else.  We could talk to her.”  Vince then turned to Lauren.  “You guys should tag along. It’s not safe.”

Lauren looked to Lisey.  “Who’s got the mustang?”  She asked.  Kade nodded.  “Okay.”  Lauren raised her hand.  “We get to ride with you.”

*~*~*

 

“Spencer!”  Kade knocked rapidly on her door.

“Kade?”   She opened the door and leaned to the left to look at the line of five people behind him.  They had recruited Viggo.  “Where’s Whinny?”  She asked.  Her tone was annoyed but she was genuinely worried.

“The hunter took her!”

“Who?”

“The… the man.”  Kade clarified.  Spencer gasped. 

Vince stepped up.  “Yeah, and we don’t know where the hell she is.  That’s where you come in.  Before the hunter took you to the shed, did he take you anywhere else?”

“…before the shed.”  She muttered to herself as her eyes wondered to the extent of her feet.

Vince’s mouth pulled into a smile.  “So there was a place.”

Warily, she looked around and then shut the door behind her. “There was one place.  Nothing dark and evil… just really…”  She let out a shaky sigh.  “...creepy.”  She said it like it wasn’t enough to describe what she was thinking. 

“Did he say why he took you?”

“Not that I remember, but he kept saying ‘It’ll work. It’ll work.’ Over and over again.”

“Okay,” Kade grabbed Spencer’s wrist and dragged her to the mustang.  “Can you show us where?”

 

 

 

       

 

 

 



© 2009 Lolo K


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on March 13, 2009


Author

Lolo K
Lolo K

MI



About
i like to write :D more..

Writing
Defiled Defiled

A Book by Lolo K


Defiled - Prologue Defiled - Prologue

A Chapter by Lolo K


Inevitable Inevitable

A Book by Lolo K