Chapter 20 - Finally Taken

Chapter 20 - Finally Taken

A Chapter by Lolo K

Chapter 20

Finally Taken

 

“Is Vince coming?”  Whinny asked as they ran into Westland Public School.

“I don’t know.  He didn’t say anything.”

“Well what would he do?”

“Do you remember how strong he is?”

“Well yeah, but it’s not like-“ Kade covered her mouth.  They heard someone running down the hall.  Neither of them knew the way around this large school and decided to stay put.

“Caleb!”  Whinny gasped under Kade’s hand.  He moved it.  Caleb didn’t say anything but grabbed Whinny’s hand and dragged her along with Kade following.  He yanked her into a part of the hallway that connected two other hallways. 

“Whinny!  Which way is he coming from?!” Caleb asked, desperately.

“How am I supposed to-“

“Where!?” He demanded.

She squeezed her eyes shut and saw him jogging, like she was with him.  Whinny recognized the hall they were just in.  “That way!”  She exclaimed, throwing her finger to point to the nearest set of doors.

“Okay Kade, open all four!”

Kade stuck his hands out and all the doors burst open and off their hinges.  The hunter kept his steady pace, hands behind his back, and eyes straight ahead. Kade and Whinny turned to Caleb.  Then she looked over at the man and saw into his mind.

 

Caleb, Vince, Shaw, Spencer, and Viggo were all in a lifeless pile on the ground, each with a bullet in their chest.

Whinny was tied to a tree.  All she heard was her own echoing screams, the man’s cruel laugh, and Kade crying out in pain.  She looked over and saw him tied between two trees.  His arms and legs were spread apart and he didn’t even have a chance to struggle.  The man kept shooting his arms out at Kade, knocking the wind out of him, breaking every bone in his body, one at a time.  The man would whip his hand out in front of him and it would slice Kade’s skin right open.

“I told you,” The man whipped his hand across, opening up half of Kade’s arm.  “No matter how you play, I always win!”  He thrust his palm out and Kade’s head was suddenly knocked back so far and hard that the crack of his neck echoed in the woods.  He fell to his knees and the ropes were the only thing that held his arms up.  The man turned to Whinny, the only one still alive, and advanced with a demonic grin on his face.

 

Whinny pulled herself out of his mind.  Everyone died because of her.  That was a shock, but she couldn’t let it happen.  She stuck out her hands to let the fire drive him away but as the fire blew out to him, it curved in two, virtually surrounding the man.  Kade started whipping his hands around but nothing was affecting the man.

“Caleb!”  Whinny shrieked.  The man continued to walk forward. Then he was thrown into the wall and was fighting an invisible force.  “Caleb…”  Whinny hissed in Kade’s ear.

“I’m going to go help him.”

“No!”  She grabbed his arm. “Nothing’s working. What makes you think this will?”

“You have to catch him by surprise.  Look at him!  The hunter’s pretty surprised right now.”

“Kade-“

“You, run.”  He commanded.

“No, I’m gunna help you guys!”

“No!  You have to go!”  Kade, I’m staying.”  He didn’t say anything but pulled his arm free and went to join Caleb.  Whinny stood back and looked nervously at the fight.  Not sure what to do or how things would turn out, her independent and protective feelings compelled her to move forward and help them out.  The two, engrossed in the fight, didn’t even bother to argue.  And so it was three against one.  Arms, invisible force, and fire whipped around violently.

Vince and Shawn then came on the scene.  She pulled him back when he lunged forward.  “Let go!”  He demanded. 

“I don’t want you in there.  How would you protect yourself?”

“I’ll be fine.”

“Please just wait.”

The man looked over and saw the two by the doors.  Suddenly, he thrust himself off the side of the wall and over his attackers.  Abolishing any threat, he stuck his hands out to Shawn and Vince and twisted them in a fancy manner.  The two dropped to the ground.  Caleb, Whinny, and Kade just then noticed them.  The man’s eyes widened like he had discovered a new ability.  So he tried it again on Kade and Whinny while Caleb disappeared after just reappearing.  The two dropped to the floor while the hunter bared a satisfied smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2009 Lolo K


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on March 13, 2009


Author

Lolo K
Lolo K

MI



About
i like to write :D more..

Writing
Defiled Defiled

A Book by Lolo K


Defiled - Prologue Defiled - Prologue

A Chapter by Lolo K


Inevitable Inevitable

A Book by Lolo K