Chapter 9 - Training

Chapter 9 - Training

A Chapter by Lolo K

Chapter 9

Training

 

“Are you sure?” Viggo asked.  “Because we were all thinking that.”  Spencer shot him a glare.

“Okay then, we’ll demonstrate.”

Whinny drew her eyes to Kade’s and then blushed.  “Yeah, my eyes are very blue.”

“Sorry.  I was trying to think of something else, it was just really hard to.”

Whinny blushed even more, she had to look away.

“It was just really hard to?”  Vince whispered to Viggo.  “You think he could do better than that.”

“Here, try again.”

“Hold on.  Our drinks are coming.” Whinny smiled.  Then the waiter came out with a plate in his hand.  He set down their drinks and left.

Whinny muttered.  She took a sip of her diet coke. “Ok, I’m ready.”

Whinny stared into Kade’s eyes, and Kade into hers. “Okay, that was random.”

Everyone was quiet.  “Alright then…” Vince had just finished his salad. “My turn now.”

Whinny looked to his eyes, but Vince had his eyes on the sign outside of the window, behind her.  “Vince, we both have to look into the others eyes for it to work.”  So Vince cooperated.  Then Whinny started to sing American Pie by Don MacLean. 

“Woah, Whinny where’d that come from?” Viggo asked.

“and I knew if I had my chance that I could make those people dance and maybe they’d be happy for a while.”

Then Vince joined in.  “But February made me shiver, with every paper I’d deliver. Bad News on the doorstep, I couldn’t take one more step.”

The two stopped. They were still looking at each other.  “No, Vince, there’s another verse before the chorus comes on.”

“Alright, we’re done with the music lessons.”  Spencer announced. “Are you guys seriously encouraging this?”

Everyone fell silent and turned to her.  “Are you kidding me?!  We don’t even know what she is!”  She was aiming both hands at Whinny.  “She has supernatural powers that aren’t humanly possible, and that no one else has!  She isn’t human!”  She said the last sentence very spaced out and practiced.  There was still silence.  Whinny, with her eyes full of tears, looked to Kade.  He looked back, sympathetically, but said nothing.  She got up, and ran out of the building.

Kade stood up, pushing the entire table with his knees as he did so.

“Kade-“ Spencer started but he gave her a how-could-you look, shook his head, and sprinted out to catch Whinny.

He called her named when he was out of the building, but there was no answer.  He tried again, and got the same result.  As he looked around, he caught a glimpse of her as she turned the curb.  Kade scratched the back of his head and looked around again and then headed back inside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2009 Lolo K


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on March 13, 2009


Author

Lolo K
Lolo K

MI



About
i like to write :D more..

Writing
Defiled Defiled

A Book by Lolo K


Defiled - Prologue Defiled - Prologue

A Chapter by Lolo K


Inevitable Inevitable

A Book by Lolo K