Chapter 8 - New Discovery

Chapter 8 - New Discovery

A Chapter by Lolo K

Chapter 8

New Discovery

 

“I still can’t believe you didn’t tell us!”  Spencer announced for the fourth time.

“Just shut up and give it a rest.  She’s scared.”  Kade demanded.

Excuse me?!”

“You heard me.  Or would you like me to repeat it for you, so you can hear it again?”  It wasn’t a question.

“Why don’t you just leave?”  Viggo said quietly.  That wasn’t a question either.

The whole gang had retired to the downtown Pizza Hut.

“Okay… so first we need to know why he ‘wants you’.” Shawn confirmed.

“It probably has to do with money.” Vince offered.

“…no.”  It came from Whinny.  She looked up and saw everyone staring.  So she began to explain.  “Remember?  He told us we’d make a great team.  We, meaning him and me.”  The group looked at each other.

“I must not have heard that part.”  Kade said.

“That’s because he didn’t say it.”  Spencer murmured.

Then the waiter came.  “One pepperoni and one cheese.”  He said, setting the pizza down.  “You can go ahead and visit the salad bar.  I’ll be right with you with your drinks.”  And he left.

“Don’t they usually serve the drinks first?”  Shawn asked.  Everyone bust Kade and Whinny traveled to the salad bar. 

Kade, on the opposite side of the table as Whinny, leaned in closer to her. “Did the man say that to you?”  He whispered.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to believe me either.”

“No, no.  I do believe you, but what were the exact words he used?”

“Hah!  We’ll make a great team.’”

“That’s exactly what he said?”

Whinny nodded.

“Okay then.  Concentrate on me.  Look at me and concentrate really hard.  No other thoughts.  Only, on, me.  Okay, now… guess what I’m thinking.”

Whinny stared at him.  Finally, she sighed.  “The pizza?”  It was a guess.

“No. Okay, try one more time. Look at me.  Concentrate on me only.”  She brought her eyes to his.

“Aww. Spencer look, you’ve got some competition.”  The others came back.  Kade stuck his hand out to say stop, but Whinny’s concentration broke.

The two ignored the others.  “Okay, Whinny, I think you almost had it.  Try again.”

Their eyes locked again.

“Had what?  What are you doing?”  Spencer announced.

“You think Spencer is being really annoying and that she should shut up and be nice for once.”

A broad welcoming smile appeared on Kade’s face. “You guys, Whinny can read minds.”

 



© 2009 Lolo K


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on March 13, 2009


Author

Lolo K
Lolo K

MI



About
i like to write :D more..

Writing
Defiled Defiled

A Book by Lolo K


Defiled - Prologue Defiled - Prologue

A Chapter by Lolo K


Inevitable Inevitable

A Book by Lolo K