Chapter Six - Close Call

Chapter Six - Close Call

A Chapter by Lolo K
"

this is where the story really starts to begin

"

Chapter 6

Close Call

 

 “Hey, man!  Where’ve you been?” Kade asked as Vince rode onto the park’s basketball court.

“Traffic…” And he flipped the rip stick up into his hand.

“Aw, man! You still have that black eye?”

“Yeah, I got it pretty hard.”  He changed the subject.  “The others didn’t show?” 

“Nah, they started without us. They don’t think I showed either.”

The two guys ventured into the park woods to find the others.  When they all met up, they started making their documentary for physics.  Whinny was carrying the camera around when she suddenly tripped. 

“Woah there, clumsy.”  Viggo joked, helping her up.  She got up and brushed at the dirt on her jeans.  Then she looked up.

 

 

All six of the teens proceeded forward, continuing their documentary, when suddenly, Spencer stepped on a twig and broke it.  Unfortunately for her, there was a certain string tied to that specific twig.  When that string was pulled, so was the trigger to a rifle. Perfectly measured, and aimed, the bullet flew into the heart of eighteen year old Spencer Haull.  The other two girls screamed, and all the guys rushed to her.  Just then, a man stepped out from behind a thick oak, laughing.

 

 

Whinny gasped and dropped to the ground.  “Whinny?”  Viggo knelt down beside her.  “You okay?” 

“What’s wrong?”  Kade knelt down on the opposite side of her.

Spencer rolled her eyes and groaned.  “She’s just begging for attention.”  She started walking forward.  “C’mon, let’s just keep going and get this thing over with.”

“Spencer, STOP!”  Whinny cried.  She jumped up, and ran into Spencer, knocking them both to the ground.

“What are you doing?!” Shawn exclaimed.

“Get off me, you freak!” Spencer shoved Whinny off.  Viggo shot her a glare and then helped Whinny up again.  “What’s going on?”  Whinny picked up a rock and threw it at a twig.  She missed, and then tried again.  The rock broke the twig in half, and a gun sounded, shooting a threatening bullet into a tree just right of Vince.

Everyone turned to Whinny with shocked expressions.  Just then, a man stepped out from behind a thick oak, clapping.

“Incredible, simply incredible.”  He was slowly walking closer. The man pointed at Spencer.  “Close Call.”  The corners of his mouth pulled into a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2009 Lolo K


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on March 13, 2009


Author

Lolo K
Lolo K

MI



About
i like to write :D more..

Writing
Defiled Defiled

A Book by Lolo K


Defiled - Prologue Defiled - Prologue

A Chapter by Lolo K


Inevitable Inevitable

A Book by Lolo K