Chapter 1 - Vince the Enduring

Chapter 1 - Vince the Enduring

A Chapter by Lolo K

Chapter 1

Vince the Enduring

 

The lights were on in the house.  Great.  Once again, Vince had broken curfew.   Dreading the lecture he’d receive, Vince put his rip stick in the garage and slowly made his way inside.

Vince’s dad jumped at the sound of the door.

“Where have you been?!”  And here came the yelling.

 “Your curfew is eleven, not one!”  He was angry.

“I’m eighteen! I-“ Uh-oh.  Shouldn’t have done that. The back of his dad’s hand struck his face. The blow stung on his cheek.

“Don’t you give me that! You live under my roof, you live under my rules!”

“No! You don’t give me that!  I could-“ Vince never learned his lesson, which earned a fist to the eye.

“How are we supposed to keep a good reputation at church, with a rebellious son?!”  He turned to Vince’s mother who was sitting in front of a muted T.V.  She looked down to avoid contact with the enraged man.  Smart thinking.

Again, he never learns his lesson. “How ‘bout with and abusive dad…”  He mumbled.

“Excuse me?” His dad turned around.

Vince kept eye contact.  Apparently, he thought that showing he wasn’t afraid, was better than not being hit.

“You heard me.”  Vince’s voice was weak.  “I said, how are you supposed to keep a good rep. at church, being an abusive parent.”  Ooo.  Bad choice.

His dad’s face was red, and he charged up to his son, and lifted him off the floor by his neck.  “Would you like to-“

“Michael!”  It came from Vince’s mother.  “Put him down.”

His dad’s eyes narrowed, and then he dropped his son.  Vince gasped for breath. In anger that he wasn’t allowed to take out on his son, Vince’s dad picked up a vase and threw it at the wall, right next to his head. The small shards of glass thrust into the skin of this abused eighteen year old.

To sum it up, his dad died the next day from a heart attack, and Vince and his mother were left to fend for themselves.

 



© 2009 Lolo K


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMW
A little more description would be nice. This is a very good start.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very good opener. Well writtren and liked the dialog exchanges.

Only thing I might say is perhaps a bit more description? maybe expamding with some details here and there? idk, jus tmy two humble little cents. :)

All in all, well done. I'll hit up the next chapter shortly.

Posted 15 Years Ago


What a great start, you captured my attention. Do you plan on expanding on this chapter? May I suggest working on the last paragraph it feels a little rushed.

Thanks for sharing, I plan on continue reading your work :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2009
Last Updated on March 13, 2009


Author

Lolo K
Lolo K

MI



About
i like to write :D more..

Writing
Defiled Defiled

A Book by Lolo K


Defiled - Prologue Defiled - Prologue

A Chapter by Lolo K


Inevitable Inevitable

A Book by Lolo K