Chapter 12 - Competition

Chapter 12 - Competition

A Chapter by Lolo K
"

Here you can see how Sam really likes Lauren but shes stolen away by one glace from Austin. This is also where you can see the relationship between Daniel and Lisey forming

"

Chapter 12

 

When Lisey woke up, she saw Austin was already awake and pacing.  She slapped Daniel and Sam on the shoulder to wake them up.  The boys noticed the same thing.  Daniel sighed and looked over to Lisey.  His concern was more for Austin than Lauren.  Sam groaned and stood up. 

“This can’t be good.”  Daniel muttered to Lisey.  They both knew Sam was the most insincere person in the group… possibly the most insincere person they knew, but they also knew that Austin was not easily affected by words, but certain things, unknown to the group, would affect him in ways they didn’t know. 

“Austin,” Sam cracked his knuckles, and then his back.  “You might as well face it.  She’s dead.”

Austin quit pacing and walked toward Sam, who, afraid, backed up a little.  Calm, stern eyes, stared into cold, scared eyes.  “She’s not dead.”  Austin’s voice was so low so quiet, it was almost a whisper. Daniel and Lisey looked at each other again, and jumped up, ready to control any fight that would come into play. 

“How do you know that?” Sam retorted.  He was trying to sound brave, but his voice cracked.  Austin’s discerning gaze, locked on him, was apparently disturbing Sam. 

“She’s breathing.” He said shortly. 

“Oh…” Sam’s face reddened with embarrassment.  He apparently hadn’t even thought about that.  Austin returned to his pacing, and Sam returned to the shelter.

Daniel and Lisey slapped him on the shoulder.  “What was that all about?!”  She exclaimed in a hoarse whisper.

“Ever since Austin came to your house two days ago, all you’ve been wanting to do is get on his nerves.”  Daniel pointed out in a quieter whisper.  “He obviously really cares about her,” Sam’s eyes narrowed, but Daniel continued.  “so just leave him alone.”  This was a direct order, a command.  Daniel had a powerful voice that gave him authority, and no matter how much he was hated by anyone, they respected it.  That’s something Sam hated and wasn’t at all used to.  No one told him what to do.  But this commanding, powerful gift that Daniel had, enabled Sam to obey.

Sam protested. “But he’s only known her for two days!  I - we’ve known her for nine years!”

“Well then maybe its…” He looked over at Lisey who met his gaze.  In a way he was asking her to help him find something to say.  But when she couldn’t think of anything, he stared at her another minute, and without knowing it, she gave him an idea.  He turned back to Sam.  “…love at first sight.”  He tried to make it sound casual.

Sam narrowed his eyes a bit more and pressed his lips together.  Having nothing to say, he got up and started wandering the shore of the beach.

The two watched him leave.

“Well that was nice.”  Daniel commented when Sam was out of ear range. 

“Love at first sight?”  Lisey raised an eyebrow. 

“I dunno… I mean… that’s probably what happened with Austin and Lauren.”  He looked down, not wanting to meet Lisey’s questioning eyes.

 



© 2009 Lolo K


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on March 13, 2009


Author

Lolo K
Lolo K

MI



About
i like to write :D more..

Writing
Defiled Defiled

A Book by Lolo K


Defiled - Prologue Defiled - Prologue

A Chapter by Lolo K


Inevitable Inevitable

A Book by Lolo K