Flames

Flames

A Chapter by MCrouch

Then senior year came around.

We had spent the entire summer circulating our CD around the area. We didn’t know what would come of it, but our music got a good response from kids, and we liked being told how much we rocked. I had come to realize the feelings I had for Ryan.

I stayed up all night most nights of the summer relplaying the night on the bridge over and over. I REALLY liked him. I didn’t flip out or cry over this. No one knew me or cared enough to get worked up over me liking guys. It wasnt my biggest concern. My biggest concern was not letting my guard down when I was around him. At practice, I distanced myself, and at school it was exhausting, but I played it cool and managed to hold everything together. I had never really intended to tell anyone about my feelings, but then again, I never really intended to keep them to myself. In September, Ryan and Madison hit a conflict: Madison wanted to know up front, Ryan’s feelings for her. He told her he had no feelings for her. She cried. She screamed. She demanded a different answer, because she “knew there must be something between us, otherwise we wouldnt have fucked!” Ryan told her something, and she shut up completely. The fight was over, and it didn’t seem like she was angry at all anymore.

When I asked Ryan what he told her, he said “The truth,” When I asked him what the truth was, he looked at me and walked away. When I asked Madison what the truth was, her answer was “The truth…is that there comes a time in some young men’s lives when they realize that they are engulfed in flames.”

I was beyond confused. She patted me on the head and bounced away, her floor length summer dress trailing behind her. I thought about it for weeks… “Engulfed in flames”? On fire? Did he tell Madison that he was too hot for her? No- she would have gone apeshit. Engulfed in flames… I was feeling pretty dumb and pissed off by the end of the week. Ryan and I sat next to each other at the back of the classroom in AP US History, and one day I sat down and demanded an explanation.

“You’re making me feel like a dumbass.” I said.

“I can’t tell you.” he said, half smiling.

“Why the f**k not?” I whisper shouted.

He raised his eyebrows at me.”You really wanna know?”

I nodded, “Obviously,” my heart was beating like a 12 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert. He looked at me and sighed. Then he turned and faced the white board.

He wasn’t gonna tell me. 

I rolled my eyes and became exceedingly frustrated with him. 

Then, out of nowhere, I felt something on my leg. I looked down to find Ryan’s hand on my thigh. His hand found mine, and he laced his fingers through mine. I looked up at him, confused. 

“Engulfed in flames?” i asked.

He chuckled, and whispered in my ear, “Flaming.” 

Realization never felt so good. 



© 2011 MCrouch


Author's Note

MCrouch
This chapter is so unbelievably cheesey. And yeah- I typed this on my iPod again, so sorry about these funky paragraphs.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's getting hotter in the classroom :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Que
Agghhh already into the fifth chapter you have got me screaming internally and loving the characters. How do you do that?
Either way, despite it being cheesy (because, admittedly, it really was), it was a good and somewhat different kind of cheesy.
So yeah.
I'm going to keep reading this now, I'm so glad I found this.
Cheers. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


OK, it's official. I LOVE this!!!
This chapter made me smile like a complete idiot.

*face drops*
*looks around nervously*
*sigh of relief*
*starts smiling again*

Oh good, there's no one here to think I'm a freak. I'm alone. Haha!
But seriously, fantastic work!! I think I'lll be spending my day reading the rest of this story. :) :) :) What can I say? I'm a sucker for romance.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 20, 2011
Last Updated on September 11, 2011
Tags: gay, high school, music, bands, guitar, drugs


Author

MCrouch
MCrouch

WI



About
Hey there. My name is Madison. I love writing realistic fiction, mostly LGBT related. If you have any questions about my writing or anything, message me. c: more..

Writing
Dear Ryan, Dear Ryan,

A Chapter by MCrouch


Monday Monday

A Chapter by MCrouch


Everything Everything

A Chapter by MCrouch