Magnets

Magnets

A Chapter by MCrouch
"

Pete's Point of View.

"

By our sophomore year, we had 5 good songs that we’d written that we could play togetherawesomely. We sounded like a mixture of The Replacements, The Pixies, and The Smiths. We rocked, and we knew it.

Ryan was a brilliant lyricist, and I told him that. He smiled at me, looked me in the eyes, and said “Thank you.”

For some alien reason, that was when things started to change for me.

By our junior year, we were working on finishing our 11th song and putting them on a CD to send to a record label. Kids around school liked our sound, and we sort of became less unpopular. Not more popular, just less unpopular.

Girls started asking me on dates, and I said no every time.

Ryan was sort of seeing a girl named Madison.

She had fire colored hair cut to look like a pixie, and she wore outlandish clothing. She was always the sweetest, kindest person to me, and I hated her. I hated her with my entire being. I wanted to dig a hole to China and bury her in it. I wanted to strangle her with her entire collection of 80’s concert tee shirts and hit her over the head with her combat boots repeatedly. By the end of my junior year, I began to realize the logic behind the hatred.

Ryan and I had Physics together. We sat next to each other, and most of the time, I watched him doodle. One day, we were watching a video about attraction and repulsion, and positives and negatives.

            “This bothers me,” he leaned over and whispered to me.

            “What does?” I whispered back.

            “This whole thing. ‘Opposites attract and likes repel’. Why would it be that way? That’s not how life is.” He said.

            “I don’t really understand…”

            “Well, similar people can be attracted to each other, right?  Like, two boys or two girls. They don’t always repel.” He explained.

I was thankful that the room was dark, because I can’t imagine the shade of red my face turned.

            “Yeah… uh… I-I guess physics is just… d-different.” I said.

I couldn’t stop staring at him. I mean, the way he just casually threw it out there! It scared me… I don’t know why, but it scared me.



© 2011 MCrouch


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked this chapter. I think the best part to me was when Pete told us how he hated Madison. It's easy to feel his jealousy. Yes, it's telling, but I think it works greatly in this instance.

I'm a little iffy on describing what Madison looks like, though. I mean, the description's fine, but I don't feel like this is the best chapter for it. She hasn't made an appearance in an actual scene yet, and I think it would be better to wait to paint the picture on what she looks like when she IS in a scene. This is just my personal opinion, though.

I kind of think there could be more scene, too, like at the beginning, but the way it is currently is fine, so I won't say too much about it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A triangle is already starting. On to the next chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Que
I find this brilliant. Even though the chapters are really short, with very simple words you manage to make an impact and make the reader want to read more.
Great job.
Cheers.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked this chapter. I think the best part to me was when Pete told us how he hated Madison. It's easy to feel his jealousy. Yes, it's telling, but I think it works greatly in this instance.

I'm a little iffy on describing what Madison looks like, though. I mean, the description's fine, but I don't feel like this is the best chapter for it. She hasn't made an appearance in an actual scene yet, and I think it would be better to wait to paint the picture on what she looks like when she IS in a scene. This is just my personal opinion, though.

I kind of think there could be more scene, too, like at the beginning, but the way it is currently is fine, so I won't say too much about it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

374 Views
3 Reviews
Added on May 20, 2011
Last Updated on September 11, 2011
Tags: gay, gay couples, high school, bands


Author

MCrouch
MCrouch

WI



About
Hey there. My name is Madison. I love writing realistic fiction, mostly LGBT related. If you have any questions about my writing or anything, message me. c: more..

Writing
Dear Ryan, Dear Ryan,

A Chapter by MCrouch


Monday Monday

A Chapter by MCrouch


Everything Everything

A Chapter by MCrouch