The mistkae

The mistkae

A Story by Mik Mak
"

A short personal narrative about a mistake made on the first day of school

"

The Mistake


8th grade, first day of school.  Coming back after a long, enjoyable, relaxing summer.  School is not necessarily the place I want to be.  I imagine myself still in bed, sleeping in, but in reality, I'm struggling once again to get my locker open.

The normal chaos takes place in the halls, nothing has changed, except we are all a year older, a year smarter.  I run through my schedual one more time in my head, sure that I won’t mess it up.  This is my fourth year in this school, it would be nearly impossible to get lost.  

8th grade, top of the food chain, oldest in the school, moving on to high school next year.  All the other grades look up to us, we are at the top, I am at the top.

I wander over to my best friends locker, where I debate whether or not I really want to go to Physical education first hour.  We talk about anything, really, and we laugh at even more, 8th grade, nothing has changed a bit.

Gym, science, pass by.  Third hour. Spanish, a foreign language, the class where everybody worries about failing, and the teacher I have, the dreaded Mr. Black.  

I walk to spanish with my friend, Maddie.  In the classroom, instead of a male teacher however, we get a short female, with a very high and squeaky voice.  She goes through taking attendance, and much to my surprise, Maddie and I are not on the list.  She verifies with us that we have third hour spanish, and then asks if we are sure we are with her, Mrs. Welch, and not Mr. Black.

Oops.

We are sent over to Mr. Black's faces pink, embarrassed.

That was the first and last time I messed up classrooms in 8th grade.  But now, thinking back on it, that was my highlight of the first day of school, and it is a memory that I will probably never forget.  Despite the embarrassment, is was fun, and I would do it all again, not on purpose of course.

The thing is, everybody makes mistakes, and the mistakes is what makes us, we learn from them, we enjoy them, we can learn to make our mistakes some of the best moments in our lives

© 2016 Mik Mak


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on June 27, 2016
Last Updated on June 27, 2016

Author

Mik Mak
Mik Mak

About
Hi! I am an aspiring writer and I would like some positive critique to help me become a better author. My dream is to have a book published and to become an eight grade English Language Arts Teacher.. more..

Writing
The One The One

A Poem by Mik Mak


final thoughts final thoughts

A Story by Mik Mak