Preface

Preface

A Story by marsbarjunior
"

I just put together a sort of preface for the book that I am trying to write and want to get your opinion! It may not be that good so just be ready lol...

"

I thought I had already imagined all of the horrible things that could have ever happened to me. But the problem is, not one possibility that came of my imagination was realistic. They were all so childish; like, for example, that I would get my favorite Barbie doll taken away from me because I forgot to clean my room before I left for school in the morning…or that people would make fun of me when I grabbed the wrong lunch before leaving for school. Okay, I thought the Barbie one was pretty serious but maybe that’s just me. No matter how many times I tried to come up with the worst possible thing that could happen to me, nothing could compare to this.

                Before I start, let me give you some background as to my family. I was born to the name of Sylvia Gordon to my mother, Candria Gordon, and my father, Isaac Gordon. My father was married (well, illegally that is) once before and had my 2 half-brothers and my half-sister. Of the three, Adrian, male, is the oldest. He graduated from high school at the top of his class and with a football scholarship. He then went off to the local community college for a couple of years so that he could decide what he actually wanted to do with his life. Prior to my father’s marriage with my mother, Adrian’s biological mother used to abuse him behind my father’s back and left the state as soon as his little brother and sister both claimed to the police that their mom was beating up their big brother. From the time that she fled the state, the police have had her on their wanted list and last I heard they finally got her into a sort of detention facility. Apparently there was more to her criminal record than just that. The problem is, Adrian was afraid to not cling to his mom (hence, the abuse) and so, as a result of everything that went on, he now suffers from some mental and behavioral problems, including depression. I will focus more on Adrian later on. The second oldest is my half-sister, Lydia. She is and has always been the classic girl. Wore heavy makeup every day she had to go out in public. Had posters of Leo DiCaprio ALL over her walls in her room as she was growing up (or at least after her mom left). She was never really close to any of us, her other siblings. When living with my Mom and Dad, she basically always stayed in her room with the music blaring while she commanded the world and responsibilities that she had revolving around her. Her universe was based around herself, her boyfriend (and those who want to be her boyfriend), her friends, and her music. Somehow she still managed to get somewhat decent grades in school. Over time the three of us learned to just stay out of her way because we knew that her own personal hurricane would go out of control any time we infringed on her own “code of conduct”. None of us are sure if her behavior was the aftermath of everything that happened with her mom or if it is just part of who she is.

                The youngest of the other three siblings is my half-brother, Jameson. It seems as though James ended up the most “out of whack” out of all of us siblings. More of his story will be gone through later on but let me just give you a summary. He was adopted by my father and my father’s ex when he was eight years old. From only about a year after his birth up until my father had adopted him, he had been living in a very well-known orphanage at the time. His bio mom bonded herself to him during that first year but then made the decision that she was not ready to raise a child in the first place and the option of sending him to an orphanage was the first idea that popped into her mind. The realization of all that had happened to him did not really hit him until not long after my father adopted him.  He was never diagnosed with any mental disorders but then again, he refused to go into any sort of testing so my father accepted that fact. When his adoptive mom left, he sort of got hurt for the second time by someone who was a mother figure in his life.  Following my father being re-married to my mother and them having me, he immediately started using drugs as he was not going to be the “center of attention” anymore. He made many mistakes that cost him a whole bunch of relationships he had previously had with people. Despite this, he and I were never close and nor was he close to anyone else in the immediate family.

                Okay, I think I have covered everything about my family that you would need to know at this point in the story. Just one more bit of advice for all of you before you hear my story: If you are expecting this to be a tale about rainbows, puppy dogs, and fairy dust (well, you may sort of see a form of “fairy dust” later on), then you should either put this book down or be ready to have your perspective changed. Okay, I think we are ready to go…

                

© 2011 marsbarjunior


Author's Note

marsbarjunior
I would just love ANY advice, comments, or questions that you have!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

excellent eye for detail and imagery. Wonderful written

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 25, 2011
Last Updated on November 25, 2011

Author

marsbarjunior
marsbarjunior

About
I have not been writing for very long but I am currently trying to push myself to write a book and could use some feedback as I go! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by marsbarjunior


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by marsbarjunior