The Triple Strike

The Triple Strike

A Story by Mangesh Rajeshirke
"

A huge mall is on fire. Tiffany investigates the culprit,none other than one of the partners. But...is he really the criminal..??

"

“Thank you for the time. Meanwhile, I need to search your villa for some evidences with my forensic team, if I find any.” Detective Tiffany said to the Sir Ralph.

 

Sir Ralph, the richest man in the city, had a huge fleet of luxury cars and a huge villa with a mini golf course. He was a famous Businessman, holding proprietorship of multiple businesses spread across this city as well as abroad. He had partnered with Mr. William, a famous Industrialist, and an Old Woman named Wendy who was heading a group of Detective agencies in the investment and building of a Huge Retail Space. Mr. William was quite known for his generosity and humble nature, and he had adopted an orphan girl.

 

Lately, Sir Ralph, with the help of his knowledge and bad tactics, had started fooling the other two partners in almost every professional relationship. At first, these blunders went ignored. However, soon Mr. William and Wendy came to know this through external sources. This had led to a lot of indifferences & misunderstandings between the three. Many a times, there were huge fights between the three, and they had almost decided to break with each other.

 

The huge Mall, situated in the heart of the city, had suddenly caught fire, and had caused huge loss to property and material. Considering the disagreements between them, and taking advantage of the loss occurred, Sir Ralph had sued the other two of falsehood and betrayal. Having absolutely no involvement in this, both the partners decided to file a lawsuit against him .Being a huge Mall, it immediately became a major news all over the media. Sir Ralph already had raised false wrongdoings on both the partners.

 

 Considering the strong hold that Sir Ralph had in the law and order of the city, Mrs Wendy, therefore appointed Tiffany from her agency to solve this case. Tiffany was a top notch detective in the department and had a good experience in solving such cases in the past.

 

Having heard this, Sir Ralph had threatened he’ll file a separate lawsuit against Mrs. Wendy for falsely accusing him of burning The Mall. Tiffany, therefore, had to solve this case, as her agency would have to be shut down if she failed to do so. Plus, it was her Boss who also was in the list of accused persons.

 

As per the law, a specific date was announced for the hearing. On the day of hearing, all the three partners were present in the court .The chief Justice started the case:

“Let's start the questioning." The head inspector said. "All the 3 partners of the mall are here. It's a sad thing such a nice space got burned in the disaster. This case was investigated by Ms Tiffany from the Mrs. Wendy’s agency. I hope she has gathered proper evidence for us to proceed." Tiffany, who had gathered all the evidence by visiting the mall site, speaking to many people and carrying out a detailed investigation, presented before him all the papers and evidences.

 

“As per the evidences and investigations, who do you think has done the crime?” The Head Inspector questioned.

And before anyone could respond, she suddenly shouted," SIR RALPH,THE WEALTHY BUSINESSMAN, HAS DONE THIS..!!! "

The entire court fell silent. Sir Ralph looked with disbelief at the detective. He couldn't believe what was going on.

"His shoe marks are clearly seen in the mud. He had also accidentally dropped the keys of his private locker in one of the electric rooms. Being an electrical engineer, he clearly knew how to manipulate the currents. We have caught all the thugs who had manipulated the insulation on wires. They all have confessed his name. The Security also saw his car exiting the Arcade just before the disaster. His car has unique tyres. The tyre marks are clearly visible in the mud outside. Traces of soil have been recovered from his car's tyres. The soil clearly belongs to the service yards behind The Mall. Plus, my lord may I request him to please explain us why had he met the Insurance Agents to discuss the policies in case something happens to The Mall?"

Sir Ralph was shocked. Trembling, he answered back, "Why will I do this? I am one of the partners. I own a profit in this Mall. A small part of the Mall was being renovated. I had gone just to check the work. I had instructed the Thugs to…,” he paused," …to remove insulations only in a specific part. It was supposed to catch fire and destroy the shop of that stupid, scoundrel owner who had fooled me! Why will I burn the entire Mall? I won't let my Mall down!”

Pointing towards the other two Partners, he said," these two have done it. They always wanted a profit from selling this space. Arrest them, not me..!"

"Dear Sir, all of the evidences clearly claim Sir Ralph to be the culprit. I request to call upon certain people who are witness to the disaster. For your information, I would also like to present certain eyewitness who had witnessed the disaster.” Tiffany requested the court.

 

All the eyewitnesses, the thugs, and all the witnesses were questioned from the advocates of both sides. This case had already become a huge media issue all over the city. Thousands of media persons thronged outside the court on all the dates of hearings.

 

On the Final day of hearing, the whole courtroom was full of people from all over the city. As was the case, all of the evidences were against Sir Ralph, making him the Real Culprit.

“All of the evidences clearly suggest Sir Ralph has done all this. I request him to be immediately taken in the custody for further questioning." 

The police took the Businessman away. Every single evidence presented was totally against him. His advocate’s plea for an extended date was overruled. Sir Ralph was instructed by the court to pay the Insurance amount to both his partners as well as the loss in payments that both had suffered in the disaster.

As he was taken away by the cops, the media people fired questions on him. “I have not done this. I’m being plotted by the other two partners. I surely appeal in the higher court and I’ll make justice for myself.”

 

The Old lady, Mrs Wendy thanked the Detective. ”You not just saved me, but also our agency. Also thank you for the money that I got. You surely deserve a good reward.”

 

“Thank You Madam,” the Detective said, “but I don’t require the money. I’ve done my job. The wrong person always goes behind the bars.” Tiffany then went towards the media persons and reporters to answer their questions.

 

She was satisfied that she finally sued the right person. The Businessman had fooled both the partners many times. Now, apart from the Insurance money, they both also got all the extra payments from the profits that the Businessman had done without their knowledge. The court also ordered to enquire the involvement of other people in this disaster.

As she finished the meetings with the reporters, she came towards the parking lot and sat in her car. After some time, The Person came and knocked on the car’s door, opened it and sat beside the Detective.

“You are truly the Super Girl. I sincerely appreciate the way you investigated”, the Person said. “Or rather, I would say, you hatched a plan and framed him.

The Detective smiled. “I had to do it. He was fooling you both. I was behind him since the last some days .I was looking for a good opportunity .I came to know about his idea through his phone calls which I had tapped. His idea was actually to just destroy that owners shop through fire. I then called upon the thugs who were supposed to do his job and instructed them to manipulate insulation of all the wires. Anyone does extra work if you bribe them, right?” She said with a twinkle in her eyes.

“Oh, okay...but how you managed the evidences? From where you got all the proofs supporting your blame?” The Person asked.

“I had visited his place the same night this disaster happened. The securities helped me get his shoes and the keys of his lockers. I had taken out his car in the yard behind, which got the tyre marks and the mud on his tyres. That also explains how the Mall security people saw his car exiting out the Arcade. I also disarmed the Fire Alarm, Sprinklers and Smoke Detection systems, which helped the fire move more swiftly throughout the building. I then took a forensic team during the enquiry days to his villa and got all the evidences. These were enough to make him the main culprit.” The Detective explained everything.

“So you did 3 things in a Single blow. You sued the Businessman; you saved your job, and also got the money.” The Person said.

“By the way, the money remains to both of us. D’not worry about the Old Lady. Well, I found out during the enquiries Sir Ralph had convinced her to help in this disaster. He somehow convinced her to help him, as she wanted this case to be investigated by her agency, obviously me, and attain popularity. This being a huge Mall, all the Media was behind the investigation, and whoever solved this case, his popularity would increase to a much larger extent. ” the Detective Girl said.

 “The Old Lady basically wanted to get more popular. No worries though, as she will be caught by the enquiry committee for her sins. It was both of them who had a joint plan of framing you. That’s the reason Sir Ralph accused her with you in the court.” she smiled. “He had also planned to pay her more money ,as he was confident he’ll win this case”.

“One more thing, however hard Sir Ralph tries to get out, he can’t, because he’s been caught in his own sins. Plus he now has to pay to all the shopkeepers and all the other partners who had invested in the mall for the losses.” Tiffany smiled as he explained everything.

“Thank You, daughter. I adopted you and I always knew you had something different. You’ve made me super proud father.” Mr. Williams, sitting next to Tiffany Williams, said as he put on his seatbelt.

“Most welcome dad, we both are millionaires’ now.” Tiffany said as she started her car.

___________________________________________________________________

© 2018 Mangesh Rajeshirke


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on March 4, 2018
Last Updated on March 4, 2018
Tags: #shortstorieswithtwist, #shortstories, #thrillerstories

Author

Mangesh Rajeshirke
Mangesh Rajeshirke

Mumbai, India



About
Hi folks...! Myself Mangesh,an architect by profession.I love writing poems and short stories.Hope you'll like my work.Thanks for stopping by...!! :) more..

Writing