Another Day

Another Day

A Story by Galldora King

 

A journal entry from Angie:

                                   Today   

 

Dear Diary,

Ha! I made it. The summer is over. The sun is bright and shinning and I can't wait. A summer filled with funerals and deaths. Well I need a break. And now I'm getting it. School. Yes Diar. School. I know right? But it's okay. It's probably the only break I'll get and I'm going to embrace it. I'm so happy. I slept  the whole night and didn't wake up once. I'm happy. Actually happy. I have so much to say. Did you know Mom actually got a full time job? It's definitely going to be easier for us now that she works full time. And the pay isn't that bad either. I applied for two different colleges but I'm thinking of not going. It would be expensive.

 

I'm happy. I'm happy. Yes I'm happy. I'm really happy. Very happy. Why? Well today is a new day and everything is going to be alright. I'm going to be fine for the whole day. I'm a whole new person. Different. And yes, I'm happy.

 

A journal entry from Angies' mother:

 

 

                              Summer

Hi Bob,

How are you doing up there? I'm good. Just got a new job. It's full time so it'll be easier for the kids. I'm a little worried about Angie though. She's not quite the same. She laughs for no reason but sometimes at night I can hear her cry. It's 2am. You're not here and I miss you. It was Angies' first day at school, and she came home laughing a bit too loudly and smiling a bit too broadly. She keeps telling herself how happy she is but I can see through her. She's miserable. I don't know how I will take care of the kids without you, but I'll try. Amy said her first word this morning. It was...Papa. It's funny isn't it. You're not here, and I'm taking care of her day and night and yet she says your name. Why do you think that is? Are you really out there?

 

P.S Don't worry I'm going to be alright. We are all going to be alright. You're keeping watch on us right?  

 

 

© 2009 Galldora King


Author's Note

Galldora King
Its all up to you how interpret this story. Third story to be published im nervous!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, that one hit me like a ton of bricks for a minute there. So the father died. Angie is destroyed and she's trying to convinse herself everythings OK. This is a really good one with alot of emotional undertones to it that you don't realize till the end. Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 20, 2009
Last Updated on November 20, 2009

Author

Galldora King
Galldora King

About
I love reading books.I also write stories but never get to finish them. more..

Writing