Bob

Bob

A Chapter by ma513

1)

Bob

Don’t look at me Don’t look at me.

“Hey weirdo, enjoying your company? Mold, Scum, and… eww is that a cockroach?” Ms. Steam said when she noticed me.

“No, that’s Bob and he is just taking a nap” I said in mid chew.

“Well I don’t like cockroaches that’s why I step on them” she said. Steam walked over and placed her foot over Bob. Luckily I smacked her leg before she squashed him. She lost her balance and fell to the ground.

“You don’t have to” I said as I got up and prepared to fight her.

“Wait,” she got up and said “you are so weird. Defending a roach? What’s wrong with you? No wonder nobody likes you.” She walked out swinging her blond hair and snapping her fingers so the “Steam crew” would follow.

I threw the rest of my lunch away and went to wash my hands. I stared at my reflection in the mirror. Straight dark hair, black eyes, oversized sweater, dark gray cargo pants, and all black converses.

Just then the bell rang and I went to my last class of the day. I walked into Ms. Nivea’s calculus class and sat in the farthest seat away from the board. I started to doze off when Nivea’s voice pulled me back into class.

“Brio tell me the answer to number 27” she said.

All around there were whispers

Aren’t they used to it already? I raced out and waved to Mr. Hanks, the security guard, on my way out. He was the only one who liked me at this school.

* * *

I got out of my car at the park and walked through the woods. My best friends, Paco and Nina were sure enough waiting for me at “our“ bench.

“Hey foo how was your whack shack?” Paco said referring to my school.

“Same as always” I said “Oh they noticed me in calculus” I pointed out.

“That’s cool. Bet they were surprised to see you. Hey how’s Bob?” Nina asked me, she loved Bob

“He’s cool. Steam wanted to squash him but I smacked her foot before she did” I told her.

“What!?! I’m gonna punch the crap out of her one of these days” she responded “how dare she try to kill Bob”

“Yea but its over so lets go” I told them.

We had to go get ready for our party night. That night we were going to party at the Black Cat. It was our favorite night club because all it played was rock and occasional “slow” songs. I knew Paco and Nina had ridden the public bus so I knew I’d give them a ride home.

“Get in” I said when we got to my car. Nina got in the front and Paco jumped into the back seat.

“I want to remind you how much I love your car man” Paco said “ I wish my parents would get me a convertible”

“Shut up! You know Papi cant afford one” Nina scolded him.

“Just saying… gosh” Paco answered.

I knew the Rodriguez family wasn’t as rich as mine. Ever since my mom became a forensic anthropologist and my dad a FBI guy their bank account skyrocketed. I barely talked to them since then but they got me anything I wanted. Paco and Nina’s birthdays were coming up and I’d ask my parents to buy them new cars. The one they had was falling apart and breaking down more often.

We got to their house and went inside. Juan and Azucena, Mr. and Mrs. Rodriguez, were sitting in the living room watching Jerry Springer.

“Dale, dale, jalale el pelo!!” (hit her, hit her, yank her hair) Azucena shouted at the TV.

“Calmate vieja llegaron los ninos” (calm down woman the kids are here) Juan told her.

“Hola puedo agarar algo de tomar” I asked for a drink. I had spent so much time here I had learned Spanish better then when I tried it in Middle School.

“Claro mija go ahead” Juan told me.

I grabbed a bottle of water and went to Nina’s room to get ready. A lot of my going out clothes were there since I always got ready here. I found my black miniskirt and my studded belt. Under it I put on some stripped leggings and my black boots. My top was my favorite black and white corset.

Nina wore a strapless purple tutu dress with some white leather knew boots. She slipped on some fishnets gloves on and a choker. Next we both did our makeup. Some white powder to look paler and black lipstick. I never got the eyeliner right so she did it for me. Next we did our nails by recoating them with black nail polish. We looked like gothic princesses gone bad.

We knocked on Paco’s door and told him we were ready. We expected him to look all nice but Paco didn’t change that much in appearance. He still wore skinny jeans and skater shoes. He did add a studded belt and a clean tee. We said goodbye and went to my car.

“You can drive” I told Paco and handed him my keys.

"Cool lets get this night started he answered in return.

Whose that? When did she get here? Was she always in this class?

. Just then the bell rang and I stormed out of the class just like everyone else. I went to my locker and took one last look at my friends’ pictures. I knew they were just minutes away.

My Porsche Cabriolet was waiting for me at the parking lot. It was a gift from my parents, when they forgot my 16th birthday they apologized by giving me the car. I hooked up my iPod and cranked it up as loud as it would go. While others turned up their hip hop I cranked up my rock. I got stares and wondered

I thought as Elisa Steamer and her crew walked into the bathroom corner eating. I was sitting in my usual spot, the bathroom corner, eating my lunch.That’s me. Brio Zumiez. I told myself. Nobody likes me in this preppy school. I am an outcast and Ms. Invisible.

Stupid smart people, stupid me for ever getting the chance to come here, stupid Manhattan Valley High.



© 2009 ma513


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good. I'm interested in reading more. A good way to start a book! Keep going!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 6, 2009


Author

ma513
ma513

About
im am into music but i like using my imagination to write. more..

Writing