What I Don't Understand

What I Don't Understand

A Poem by lydie

What I don't understand,
Is that I love the moon, but hate the night.
I love the day and morning, but don't like the sun.
I love snow, but hate the cold.
What I don't understand is that we can't even control and understand our own feelings, much less others! So why, why do people try to understand?
I love grass, but hate the dirt.
I hate watching and knowing many trees are being cut down, but still, I love writing on paper.
Why does everyone try to understand everybody's feelings if they can't control their own? What I can't understand, is why even when you can't understand and control your own feelings, you try to understand others'?

© 2014 lydie


Author's Note

lydie
Please rate honestly, thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed this poem... very thought provoking. Can we control what we feel? Perhaps... yet our feeling are a product of the thoughts we entertain and that we allow to take root in our minds... much like a garden... some people keep there gardens well managed, entertaining only what is good and pure in their minds... others have neglected, and thorns and weeds have grown and choked out what was good and pure... and scary enough, some gardens are only ruined soil and stony ground where nothing grows but hate and regret... Feelings help us to express and understand... but beware of letting them guide you... feelings are our tools, not our guides... or at least, that is my thought.

Posted 9 Years Ago


lydie

8 Years Ago

Sorry it took so long to review. Thank you for taking the time to review!
The opposite of life. Hard to understand. I liked the Native American logic. Use what you take. Eat what you kill. Don't waste and don't take what you don't need. Life is hard to understand. I believe we need to find a balance. Nature and man must live in harmony. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry. Best poetry create questions. Your poetry did.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


lydie

9 Years Ago

I agree. Nature and man must live in harmony. Thank you for reviewing!
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
This poem perfectly puts into perspective just how complex and crazy emotions are. Emotions are things that, a lot of the time, we can't fully comprehend, just like the cosmos. This is a nice poem, it's short, entertaining, and talks about an original topic. Good job! Keep up the good writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


lydie

9 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 23, 2014
Last Updated on December 23, 2014

Author

lydie
lydie

MN



About
Hello, I am 11 years old and I absolutely love animals! I love ice-cream, Nicktoons TV shows, Animal Planet, I love cooking too. I also love writing (of course)! I mainly write fiction. I also love p.. more..

Writing
Same Old Same Old

A Poem by lydie


The Seasons The Seasons

A Poem by lydie


Sky Wings Sky Wings

A Book by lydie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Little Fly Little Fly

A Poem by Ashadan


My Hue My Hue

A Poem by Ashadan


Landmark Landmark

A Poem by JayceeC