Moon Struck

Moon Struck

A Poem by Adele

The moon is proof,

That although light is what she brings,

The only thing they see is the darkness surrounding.

 

The moon is proof,

That periods of desolation are crucial,

For the experience of fullness to be once again.

© 2023 Adele


Author's Note

Adele
I'm always up and open for feedback! Please feel free to comment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This brought an interesting pause empowering further thought and thinking toward new 'paths'.

Posted 5 Months Ago


I love this poem. Nice job

Posted 11 Months Ago


Quite aplenty of people feel the same predicament as the Moon, being underappreciated.
Just as how the Moon's beauty is serene and ethereal, a miracle to behold, most take it for granted, as they do to those around them. Perhaps it's by either ignorance or arrogance that they do not see, that the reason the night sky is lit is thanks to the Moon, and the ambience is not as cold because of others' presence.
Regardless, the Moon itself is very much independent from humans but humans cannot survive without the Moon, but many won't see it until it is too late.

The pacing, the air, and the shortness, all combined to harness a very central voice, the voice of one whose presence is so scarce and fleeting, someone who is taken for granted, someone whose beauty comes from both outside and within, that speaks their mind only now.

But that's just an overly humanized perspective, interpretations can differ, and personally, I favour the simple thought of praising the unreached moon and her heavenly beauty rather than my lengthy speech that relates humans' issues to nature.

Regardless, great work as always, author Adele.

Posted 11 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 15, 2023
Last Updated on November 15, 2023
Tags: Moon, woman, light, dark

Author

Adele
Adele

About
Hello all! I'm a 19-year-old writer who dabbles in poetry and short stories! I chose this website specifically to post and hopefully one day accumulate enough poems for a book, so please, enjoy :) more..

Writing