Chapter 25

Chapter 25

A Chapter by Mary

Chapter 25

 

“I talked to Queen Xipil in my dream again.” Arnina muttered sleepily the next morning.

 

“Oh really, what did she have to say?” asked Chloe.

 

“Um,” said Arnina quickly deciding not to tell Chloe about Jake and her allegedly being connected. “Apparently me and you are important, and we’re not the only ones.”

 

“Important? Well what does that mean?” said Chloe, her face scrunching up in concern.

 

“She wouldn’t tell me, but let’s look at the facts. She called me her princess one time, and she gave us full use of our powers. That sounds to me like we are getting special treatment, and that means there are other Lunarians out there that are getting special treatment too, because she said we are not the only ones.” Arnina announced with a calculating look on her face.

 

“Well, okay Nancy Drew I think you are blowing this way out of proportion. How can we be special? I mean what makes us any better than Aaron or any of the others?” said Chloe hoping that Arnina was mistaken; she didn’t want to complicate her life anymore.

 

“I don’t know. I know we aren’t better than them. It is just maybe we were chosen to be something more than just two more captives,” Arnina said trying to get Chloe to understand. “Chloe look, since we got here this place hasn’t been its typical normal. Before us how many of the others had had dramatic power increases, talked with the Queens, or even been trapped in another realm?” she paused and lowered her voice from a yell. “Well Chloe let me tell you, we have made quite an uproar since we got here.”

 

“Well okay, I agree with you, we have been stirring things up a bit. But this place wasn’t exactly quiet before. With Aaron trying to teach the kids to use their powers, Jake’s guard fighting, and Heather’s hacking, this place was bound to have a little excitement. We just added to the pile of crazy! Honestly I’m surprised this place is still up and running, but that just goes to show, you never know what the world is really like…especially because this is just one facility in probably thousands. So think of all of the other supernatural people suffering, not just Lunarians.” Chloe said looking at Arnina with her big blue eyes shrouded in sadness.

 

        “I know. I haven’t forgotten about the other races, someday Chloe we will free them all.” said Arnina with conviction.

 

        “How? If you haven’t noticed we are still prisoners.” Chloe said through gritted teeth.

 

        “Chloe, we will get out! Gosh, you haven’t given up have you?” asked Arnina.

 

        “No Arnina, I haven’t. But I don’t see escape in our near future, have long has it been since we have been captured? A month, or two, or longer? Well I don’t know how long I can last! They take our blood everyday and then barley feed us, then they put is in one big room. I don’t know if the courtyard is supposed to keep us sane or just to give us exercise so are bodies don’t deteriorate before they get their use of them.” Chloe said in a rush, her normally pale face red with fury.

 

“Your right, we have been here way to long…but I refuse to end up like some of the other kids our age here, brainless puppets! Aaron and the others are practically the only sane ones, you see the others, they couldn’t take it here any longer so they went nuts…well Chloe lets just focus on getting out from now on, okay?” Arnina said.

 

“Okay, but you’ll have to save it for a little bit, we have testing today.” Chloe said running her hands through her hair, trying to get the tangle out. She could barely remember what it used to be like, a silky honey color…now it was a lifeless dirty blond. “What I would do for Stacy, the best hair dresser in town.” She sighed.

 

“Right I forgot about testing, think they will discover my powers today?” Arnina asked, she paused and looked at Chloe, “Stop worrying about your hair; you look great, well especially considering they don’t give us shampoo just, cheap bars of soap.”

 

“Well, you have it better your hair is shorter and not curly. But yeah they test you all the time for your powers…your secret is up. But hey they have no way of knowing that you can use them, so relax.” Chloe said.

 

“Right…” said Arnina and stopped when she heard their door opening. In came another buff guard, probably on steroids. “Hey look its Shrek!” Arnina muttered to Chloe.

 

“No, Shrek is prettier.” Chloe responded as Mr. Muscle grabbed both of their arms and pulled them to the hallway.

Both of the girls complained, the guard responded with a cold, “Speak again and I will cut out your tongues.” They stopped talking in fear he was not bluffing.

 

He took them on the familiar walk to the main testing room, the big one. Some of the other girls were there too; the girls recognized Jade and Rachel. Jade was strapped to a metal table and some “doctor” was injecting something orange into her arms. She was giving him the stink eye but seemed fine otherwise.

 

Rachel was fighting two guards tooth and nail; they were trying to put her in a giant ice tub.

 

“Looks like they are trying to see how Rachel reacts to her own element.” Arnina whispered to Chloe.

 

“Well I hope they don’t do that to me…” said Chloe as some guy in a lab coat with a clip board walked over.

 

“Well let’s see,” he said. “Where did these two come from?”

 

“Room 573.” murmured the guard.

 

“Oh okay, it says here the blond one is ice, so take her over to the heating room, we are seeing how ice reacts to fire.” The man in a lab coat said with a smile looking at Chloe. “This one needs to be power tested.” He said grabbing Arnina. “Oh crap.” She thought.

 

        The guard pulled her into the familiar metal chair, she felt the IV when the man stabbed it into her nearest vein and she knew in moments her secret would be up. But just when she was about to drift off to pleasant unconsciousness the sound of the beep, beep, beep, of the monitor was replaced by the sound of Chloe’s blood curdling scream.



© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
tell the truth people :) please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I dont think you are allowed to mention nancy drew in your story being it a puplished series. “No Arnina, I haven’t. But I don’t see escape in our near future, HAVE long has it been since we have been captured?then they put IS in one big room. IM NOT A GRAMMAR NAZI!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh My F***ing God!!!!!!! Please please keep writing this is intense!!! Im so excited and im defineltly LOVING THIS my favorite line "I know we aren’t better than them. It is just maybe we were chosen to be something more than just two more captives,”

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like it. Good cliff-hanger. It makes people want to read the next chapter. Keep it up.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Um, curtsling is spelled wrong i think is curling? I'm not sure, but i know it doesn;t sound right. Before us- this needs a comma afterwards.
LOl Barley is a bread! I think u mean barely. but that was just a typo. so are bodies-our instead of are. Anpother typo. Go over ur sentences in this chapter. There are a few typos here and there. Other then that, i bet Arnia is experiencing the same thing Chloe went through when they tested her. i wonder if her powers will get out of wack....I guess I'll find out!
P.S- that was funny about Shrek! :P


Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

348 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 29, 2010
Last Updated on July 29, 2010


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 20 Chapter 20

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Mary


In the Myst In the Myst

A Poem by Mary


Rain Rain

A Poem by Mary


Chapter 12 Chapter 12

A Chapter by Mary