Chapter 22

Chapter 22

A Chapter by Mary

Chapter 22

 

        The next day Arnina still insisted on going to fighting training. She didn’t care if Chloe thought it was better if she rested. All that mattered to her was finishing what she started.

 

        “Arnina if you don’t remember, yesterday you passed out! Might I add while you were arguing about not passing out.” shouted Chloe.

       

        “Oh come on I got a little dizzy that’s all! Anyone arguing with that idiot Jake would feel overwhelmed too! I am going and that is the end of this conversation!” Arnina yelled back.

 

        Chloe paused and said more calmly, “Arnina Jake may be annoying, but I think he cares for you. You should listen to what we have to say, he doesn’t want you to get hurt, and neither do I.”

 

        “What do you mean? I keep hearing all of this about Jake liking me and stuff but that is completely crazy! You see how he treats me, like I am some big joke.” Arnina muttered, not even willing to think that he could like her. “We are complete opposites…he thinks I am some annoying girl. He can’t like me. I wish they would all shut up about it…But he did give me his jacket yesterday. It must be something he came here wearing since it looks so nice.” she thought looking down at the black denim jacket she was wearing. She secretly hoped he wouldn’t ask for it back, she loved wearing it.

 

        “Whatever you say, but we still need to talk to Aaron about your powers. He was too worried about your health to remember yesterday, so I will remind him.” said Chloe looking at the markings on Arnina’s forehead. They were a deep blood red that zigzagged across her forehead in jagged fashion; they looked a lot like flames.

 

        “What?” asked Arnina noticing Chloe starring at her.

 

        “Nothing just checking out your markings, I love them.” said Chloe.

 

        “Right! I totally forgot about them, I really wish I had a mirror.” said Arnina.

 

        “Well it is hard to explain how it looks but they are blood red and kind of look like flames.” said Chloe.

 

        “Right, like how yours look sharp and angled like ice crystals.” said Arnina.

 

        “Well it is no mystery why. So did you dream of Xipil like you wanted?” asked Chloe.

 

        “Nope, but there is always tonight. Let’s get ready, it has been a long time since wakeup call and it should be time to go to the courtyard soon.” said Arnina trying to control her dark brown shoulder length hair for the first time since they got there.

 

        “I wonder who she wants to impress.” Chloe thought sarcastically.

 

           ***

 

        “So Jake lets get the class together.” Arnina announced with her hands on her hips hoping to look threatening.”

 

        “I thought I told you to rest.” he said.

 

        “I’ll rest when I’m dead! I’ll meet you with the class in the corner in five minutes.” she said and ran off before he could object.

 

She went over to Chloe and Aaron, noticing that Chloe was begging Aaron to make Arnina stay out of fighting class for awhile. Aaron told her he couldn’t force Arnina to do anything but he would advise her to rest.

 

Hearing this Arnina said, “I am teaching class in five minutes, deal with it.”

 

        “Arnina, Chloe has a point.” said Aaron trying to be the mediator between the two.

 

        “I don’t care. Chloe are you coming to class?” asked Arnina.

 

        “I guess…” said Chloe obviously not winning this battle. “So Arnina can you use your powers?” asked Chloe trying to stall.

 

        “I haven’t tried yet but I think my Queen downloaded all the information in to me, because I know a lot of stuff now.” she said.

 

        “Well I don’t advise you to try in your room…you know how fire is. I guess when you go over to train you can try in that corner since the cameras won’t see it.” said Aaron not giving Arnina the trouble about it that Chloe had hoped.

       

        “Okay I will, well come on Chloe we have to gather the other students.” said Arnina grabbing Chloe and walking away.

 

        Arnina gathered her class in a matter of minutes and then she walked over to the corner ready to begin. Jake was there too stretching for class, he ordered everyone to do the same. Arnina did as instructed doing some of the old stretches she learned from when she took dance class years ago.

 

        “If you feel dizzy or tired at all, sit down.” he instructed her.

 

        “Yeah, I will. Now can we get this class started?” she asked.

 

        “Yes.” he said. “Now class I want you all to go over the things you learned before Arnina made us all postpone the class. The basics.” he said.

 

        There was a collective groan but they all did as he said. For about fifteen minutes they reviewed the basics: kicking, punching, and blocking. Arnina seemed to be doing just fine, her kicks were top notch and she hadn’t faltered once. After they were done with the basics and Jake was satisfied that everyone had mastered them, he began to show them some partner work.

 

        They paired off: Jade with Rachel, Samantha with Kyla, Chloe with Heather, and Jake with Arnina. Jake showed the class what he wanted them to do using Arnina as his partner. Again Arnina felt uncomfortable with his close proximity but she tried to act cool. He showed everyone that if one of them punches then the other has to block, the same with kicking.

 

        Arnina blocked all of Jake’s attacks flawlessly. He was impressed with her skill but there was no way he would ever tell her that. “This is pretty easy; I hope he gets in to some harder stuff soon. We don’t have time to learn everything the long way.”  Arnina thought.

 

        They spent the rest of their class doing partner work; again their class was quick learning. This made Arnina very happy, but for different reasons. Mostly she was glad next class she wouldn’t have to spend it touching and communicating with Jake. She didn’t think her nerves could take much more; she was having a hard time focusing on fighting.

 

        After class she remembered what Aaron had said about testing her powers, she decided to wait until tomorrow. She was scared that she wouldn’t be able to use them, so she didn’t mind stalling. “What will I do if I ruined it for myself to use my powers forever?” she thought wondering if saving Chloe had permanently damaged her.

             



© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
tell me what you think! thanx!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I hope Arnina doesnt lose her powers and lol I was wondering the same thing as Alex but oh well lol

Posted 14 Years Ago


how do the guards not notice a bunch of children disappeaing into a corner everyday?

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

356 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 25, 2010
Last Updated on June 25, 2010


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Abandoned Abandoned

A Poem by Mary


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 12 Chapter 12

A Chapter by Mary


Dark Guardian Dark Guardian

A Poem by Mary


In the Myst In the Myst

A Poem by Mary