Chapter 17

Chapter 17

A Chapter by Mary

Chapter 17

 

           “Chloe! Chloe! Chloe!” Arnina screamed frantically trying to make her way to Chloe. “What happen? Chloe…Chloe what happened?” she muttered holding Chloe in her arms.

 

           “That a*****e Smith made me the feature presentation for some suits.” Chloe whispered.

 

           “Oh Chloe, we have to get this ice off of you so we can see if you are hurt.” Arnina cried.

 

           “I can’t control it right now…I can’t feel anything.” Chloe whispered and then lost consciousness.

 

           “I-I can’t do anything, here maybe one of the others can help.” Arnina said looking at the group that had formed. “Does anyone have fire power? I need someone to thaw her!” she yelled whipping away the tears that had formed in her eyes. Until that moment Arnina didn’t know how much she needed Chloe, and the thought of losing her stirred something that had been buried.

 

           “Come to me daughter.”

 

           “What…who said that?” Arnina asked in panic.

 

           “Come to me.”

 

           “Oh no, not now!” Arnina said as her whole being was pulled into another realm.

 

         ***

 

           Arnina awoke in her dream world. She was wearing the same beautiful scarlet dress and the world was literally on fire, just how she liked it. She took hesitant steps towards the peak of the volcano that just happed to be her destination. She was smiling but she knew she shouldn’t be, something was wrong but she just couldn’t remember what.

 

           As she walked her way through the smoke and the steam she saw a figure. At first she couldn’t make it out but hearing the words, “Come closer daughter” assured her that all was well. When she was only feet away she could make out the features of the beautiful goddess before her.

 

           She had hair the color of lava and eyes of deep amber. She captivated Arnina in every way. Arnina knew what was to come next and in her heart she knew it was the right time.

 

           “Do you wish to gain the power of your people and be forever changed?” The woman asked.

 

           “Yes.” said Arnina.

 

           “So be it.” said the woman lifting up her hand and placing it on Arnina’s forehead. A dazzling crimson light escaped from her hand, changing Arnina forever. Arnina gasped in shock from the knowledge that seeped through and the remembrance of where she needed to be right now.

 

           She stepped back and quickly asked, “Queen Xipil can you send me back and grant me the power to heal Chloe daughter of ice?”

 

           “I will but I must warn you, you are not yet prepared to use your powers, it may come at a cost.” said the Queen.

 

           “I understand.” announced Arnina.

 

           “Well then my Princess jump into the volcano and you may return, blessed be.” the queen said as she disappeared into the smoke of the volcano.

 

           “Blessed be, wait why did you call me your princess?” Arnina asked in confusion calling after the Queen. Her only response was a soft whisper, which might just have been her imagination that said, “The truth will be known.”                                  She did as she was told and jumped without hesitation into the volcano.

                 

           ***

 

           She awoke to the sound of everyone calling her name, “Arnina! Arnina! Arnina!” Aaron was shaking her and everyone else was trying to help Chloe even though those with fire powers were practically useless, they only knew how to use real fire, not just heat. Her eyes snapped open and she instantly threw herself on Chloe.

 

          Using her new powers she warmed Chloe simply by holding her hands above her. She only knew how to do so because the Queen had given her the knowledge, but the problem was she learned it too quickly and her body was being put in serious strain. She could not learn how and to use her power at the same time, so after about thirty seconds she blacked out.

 

          “Arnina! No what happened!” Aaron yelled holding her in his arms as the others whipped away the almost completely melted ice off of Chloe.

 

          “Arni wake up! Wake up! You finally got your powers so wake up!” Jade yelled. “What’s wrong with her?” Jade asked Aaron.

 

          “I think she shouldn’t have been using her powers like that…she wasn’t ready for it! But I think she knew that, she was just so worried about Chloe.”

 

          “But Chloe will be alright in a few days…she just had to do a presentation right?” Jade said.

 

          “Yeah but Arnina didn’t know about the presentations, she couldn’t have known that Chloe wasn’t as bad as she appeared to be.” Aaron said.

 

          “Yeah but will Arni be all right? She looks so pale.” worried Jade.

 

          “I think so. She just needs her rest.” He said carefully laying Arnina down on one of the mats so he could look at Chloe. “They both do.”

 

           Aaron made makeshift beds for the both of them and had Jade look after them while the others went back to their everyday schedules. Jade was the designated nurse for these kinds of things; she had a natural healing gift. The girl could perform miracles just by touching someone. It was not something she could control though, and didn’t like people thinking she was to go to girl for the injured. She just sat with them hoping that whatever she had would rub off on them.

 

          Throughout that day people came to check up on the girls to see how they where doing, including Arnina’s students, and Aaron’s group of friends. Even Jake came to see how they where. He just stood there looking at Arnina blankly like expecting her to wake up any moment.

 

         “You better be at classes tomorrow, stupid. Or else I might decide to quit this fighting thing. You hear me?” he muttered angrily at her while gently stroking her face. “I want to see your crazy wobbly kick again. So I can teach everyone how not to fight.” He said and quickly left, his face set in a grim line showing that he was obviously worried. If only Arnina knew how her big personality had already affected him.

 



© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
please review:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the dream and the additional powers. The story is very good. Hard to believe these kids can be held down. The interaction and characters make this a strong story. I will read on.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


“Oh Chloe, we have to get this ice off of you SO WE A SEE if you are hurt.” Arnina cried. THank you my gosh how hard was it to give her her friggin powers!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


AWESSS!!!!!!!!! this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg keep going !!

Posted 14 Years Ago


great great great!!! i loved this chapter.. she gets her powers! great! good chapter describing the queen and everything :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Finally, she gets her pwers! u sure had us waiting! I wonder when Arnia and Jake will confes their love to each other... :P Yea i'm a bit if a romantic.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

409 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2010
Last Updated on June 22, 2010


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 11 Chapter 11

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 18 Chapter 18

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 7 Chapter 7

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 12 Chapter 12

A Chapter by Mary