Chapter 16

Chapter 16

A Chapter by Mary

Chapter 16

 

Chloe’s P.O.V.

 

           Chloe went to bed that night completely exhausted from her first lesson. Her legs and arms where hurting from all the kicking and punching, she was seriously considering quitting. “I am in serious pain! Stupid Jake not even giving us a break! Man I wish Arnina was the teacher, she would be a lot nicer. Oh well I am so not doing this tomorrow.” She thought as she fell asleep.

 

          ***

 

           She was woken up by the rude guard that checks their room every morning. “Ugh I want my beauty rest!” she thought wishing she has more time to sleep. She looked over and saw that Arnina had already been up practicing fighting, she looked exhausted.

 

           “Arnina did you sleep last night?” Chloe asked with concern.

 

           “Well not really, but I feel fine.” said Arnina.

 

           “Why not, is it the dreams?” Chloe asked.

 

           “Um yeah, I just don’t like having them. It wigs me out to dream such freaky stuff.” Arnina explained.

          

           “I understand but really they are not bad at all, it is when we go to the realm that the Queens are in.” Chloe said.

 

           “I would ask how you know that, but I already know. So we go to a different realm when we sleep, why not.” sighed Arnina.

 

           “Well it just means you have a strong connection with the Fire Queen, be lucky she might give you a gift too.” said Chloe.

 

           The girls talked like that for awhile until it was time to go to the courtyard. Chloe wanted to talk to Aaron about her powers and Arnina couldn’t wait to start the lesson. When the guards came and got them though, things didn’t go as planned. Instead of taking them both to the courtyard, they were separated. Arnina was being taken to the courtyard and Chloe somewhere else entirely.

 

           “Wait, where are you taking me?” Chloe yelled at the super buff guard that looked like he should break her like a toothpick. “Heelllooo! I asked you a question.” She didn’t get any response from the guard except a tightening on her already purple arm. “Awe crap, what are they going to do to me now?” she thought. She became dead weight in the guard’s arms hoping that would slow him down, but no. He pulled her along like she weighted five pounds, but that was not surprising considering she had gotten deathly thin.

 

           Half of her wanted to use her powers on him, but the other more rational half knew if she did it would be the end of her powers entirely. “Well I can both free myself now, and get killed or severely beaten when the other guards catch up with me, or I could go along with him. What should I do?” she thought frantically. She decided to go with the latter knowing it was the ‘smarter’ choice. He pulled her along until they got to yet another white door.

 

           “Yay! I can only guess what is behind that door.” She thought sarcastically. The guard opened the door and she moved her long blond hair out of her eyes so she could get a better look inside. She saw a white sterile room like any other in this place and a few men in black suits and white lab coats, one of them she recognized as Mr. Smith. Her breath caught and she started to truly get afraid.

 

           “Awe it’s here!” said a beaming Mr. Smith. “Now gentlemen pay close attention to this one, it almost killed some of my men the last time we took it out for testing. It has demonstrated extraordinary ice powers so I thought we could use it for this demonstration.” He told the guard to place her in a metal chair bolted to the wall. They strapped her in so she couldn’t move at all.

 

           “What demonstration? Are they going to make me use my powers? I just want to get out of here the metal is hurting me.” She screamed in her head.

 

           “Let me out!” she tried to scream but they had also gagged her. “Why does he keep calling me ‘it’? That b*****d!” she thought watching Mr. Smith talk to the men in suits about Lunarians like they were some kind of merchandise. Her eyes went wide when she saw him nod his head at the guard like it was time for something. She was utterly confused and scared and she had no idea what was going to happen when the guard pushed that button against the wall that he was walking over to.

 

           “Now gentlemen feast your eyes and be amazed!” Mr. Smith yelled.

 

           The button was pushed and instantly Chloe felt as if her whole body went on fire and she was burning on the inside out. “What is happening to me?” she thought as her body started to convulse.

 

           Without her doing ice started to form on her whole body. Within seconds the whole room became an ice box. The men gasped in shock, some looked horrified but others had huge grins on their grotesque faces contorted in evil. Mr. Smith on the other hand was laughing uncontrollably, like the lunatic he was. “I can’t turn it off! My ice!” Chloe cried.

 

           The pain became number and number and she eventually realized that the guard was no longer holding that red button. It didn’t matter though it would be days before the side effects of it wore off. Chloe was barely breathing when the guard took a crow bar to her ice covered body, prying her off the chair.

 

           As she was dragged back to her room she vaguely heard Smith say, “Well did you like the show? How many of you would like to join the company?”


           “I hope I kill that f*****g b*****d.” Was her last thought before she lost all consciousness. The guard threw her limp ice covered body in the courtyard, like he had Jake’s the day before, and much like before Arnina came running.



© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
please review:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow a powerful chapter. A lot of action and good conversation. I will come back tomorrow and finish the chapters. You are writing a outstanding story. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


um.. that is really convincing for someone to join the company. interesting chapter looking forward to more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Comon really all they did was show how her powers work?

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

355 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 19, 2010
Last Updated on June 19, 2010


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 7 Chapter 7

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 11 Chapter 11

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 18 Chapter 18

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Mary