Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Mary

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 4

 

Arnina tried to struggle but it was no use, the people were stronger than they looked. They walked quickly and Arnina got the feeling that these people were just as afraid as she was.

 

The girl said in a hushed tone after awhile, “We are almost there, to the basement. I’m sorry we can’t make you more comfortable but Aaron will explain everything later. Just don’t cause any trouble…” She stopped talking when a man in a lab coat walked by. She visibly paled and almost ran into a stand with an expensive looking vase on it, just to get out of his way.

 

The boy though hadn’t said anything the whole way. He seemed almost like a zombie never showing any emotion or missing a step. Arnina wondered if he was mentally unstable. But in truth she couldn’t blame him; her mind was going mad with the crazy notions of what was going to happen to her.

 

On the other hand, Chloe was in deep denial. She believed Arnina when she said that everything was gong to be okay. She just couldn’t face the facts, and insanity was chasing the corners of her consciousness. She began to hum the song that she was learning in choir class, unaware of the changing around her.

 

They finally came to a wall and stopped, the girls were puzzled by this. But they soon found out that the wall was a secret passage. The people who were carrying them used a key card to open it. Then they walked into what looked like a medical facility. Everything was white and the place smelled of chemicals. Arnina then wondered if they were going to be studied, or tested on. This brought new fears and began to make a plan of escape, hoping she could get her hands on one of those key cards.

 

They kept walking, being taken through endless hallways. Each with many rooms with numbers on them, they could only guess what lied behind those white doors. There were some hallways however, that had windows and when they looked into those rooms they saw terrible machines. Arnina’s mind couldn’t even dream about what those contraptions could be used for, but she did know she didn’t ever want to go in one of those rooms.

 

Arnina guessed they were now underground by just the size of this place, and the fact that there were no windows. She heard Chloe start to whimper then, and hoped that Chloe was finally getting this.

 

Chloe’s mind whirled, now thinking only of being tortured by the doctors that seemed in great supply. Her feeble illusions now breaking under the sheer pressure of the reality around her. She swore to herself that she would do anything to get out of here. She only cared about herself and survival. “Arnina is just a distraction!” she thought.

 

They stopped again in front of a door that looked like all the other doors with numbers on them. The doors number was 573, and it opened too with a key card. Then the girls were just dropped in the room. The room was small, with only two cots and a toilet in the corner; it looked like a prison cell. Arnina then untied the rope on Chloe and ordered her to do the same.

 

They were in their same old clothing, getting dirty and dirtier each time they were carried around. They both hoped that they would get a chance to clean up, but judging on the appearance of the others, they most likely wouldn’t. Arnina pulled out the knife from her boot and hid it in the air vent next to her cot. She hoped she would get a chance to use it, but for now she knew she needed information and a chance to escape.

 

The door was unbreakable, and even if she did break it, Arnina thought, they would just get captured by all the guards and people in lab coats. So she curled up on one of the cots and just starred at the ceiling. Not knowing what else to do, Chloe did the same. They sat there for hours, not talking because both of them didn’t have anything to say. The only noise distant screams and the sound of breathing.

 

Finally at what seemed like the middle of the night, they heard movement outside of their door. Then a guy walked in, wearing the same dirty clothes as the others. He stared at the girls for a second and then introduced himself as Aaron. Aaron was tall with butterscotch hair, bronze skin, and his exotic green eyes. He then proceeded to explain what was going on.

 

“You are not exactly human. Before you say anything just let me explain. You are Lunarian, like I am Lunarian, we are a race of lost people. But before I explain all that, let me tell you why you were taken. Mr. Smith is one of the richest people in the world, he practically controls everything. Including the exotic black-market, which is a slave trade for the inhuman. To them we are less than human, we do not matter…”

 

“Wait… What are you talking about? We are not inhuman, I am a typical human girl! This is crazy!” shouted Arnina. Chloe agreed and they both began to yell at Aaron.

 

“I know this is hard to believe but I can prove it…watch.” Aaron said.

 



© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
please tell me what you think!!!!:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Description and detail is amazing. Each step in the chapter plotted with great skill. I like the total chapter. You left a opening for the next chapter also. A outstanding chapter. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


Well ya had me and ya lost me.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is really thrilling and suspenseful...I like it a lot. Really awesome!

Posted 14 Years Ago


i would be scared if i were in arnina's and chloe's shoes. keep these chapters coming please! very good. :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


A lovely written tale. The foreshadowing and charactrizarion is wonderful. Can't wait to see what this turns into.

Posted 14 Years Ago


i really like thiss... =) just make the last paragraph less choooppyy! but its really good.

Posted 14 Years Ago


best chapter yet, keep them coming please :)
Lunarian, idk what that is, but I want to know.
I really like that you keep adding details to keep the reader interested, while adding more mystery with every chapter

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yikes Im scared for them. Please be ok Arnina and Chloe please be okay! This is really good no lie. The best chapter so far keep going I really lik this book

Posted 14 Years Ago


Interesting and mysterious. That part about them 'waking up' makes me wonder if they're not human?

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

563 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2010
Last Updated on April 9, 2010
Tags: kidnapped Arnina Chloe ice insan


Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 13 Chapter 13

A Chapter by Mary


Chapter 7 Chapter 7

A Chapter by Mary


Changing Night Changing Night

A Poem by Mary


Chapter 14 Chapter 14

A Chapter by Mary