Boredom

Boredom

A Story by Lucas Donnan

I don't mind.  Not that much really.
I've been in the same spot for the last three hours.  Sitting behind this desk with nothing to do.
Nobody has approached me about it and I'm still getting paid.
Like I said, I don't really mind.
I didn't bring anything to read today.  I have no one to talk to either.  Nothing new to look at and over analyze.
I'm writing this down on some recycling paper I found.
This morning is beautiful out and I find being trapped in a cage of steel and concrete, ceilings made out of some foam, the linoleum floor ever shining.
Windows are finding their way onto my list of things to temporarily ban.  I can see the sky, the grass, and the trees all shifting to the cool breeze.  The sun turns cars into Easy Bake Oven.
So much being offered on the other side of the thick tornado proof walls.  More reason to envy the birds on this day.
I think about asking someone for a cigarette, an excuse to leave for a short while.
But, I find myself trying to put those long mind altering nights where one cigarette ends and seemingly two more spring up, behind me.
Preferably I would like to keep those nights, just without the part where I'm crystalizing my lungs at twenty.

© 2009 Lucas Donnan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on July 11, 2009

Author

Lucas Donnan
Lucas Donnan

Iowa City, IA



About
As far back as I can remember I've lived inside my head, not really sure how to go about expressing these thoughts and feelings. Starting to take writing seriously during High School when I was part.. more..

Writing
Pink Mist Pink Mist

A Story by Lucas Donnan