Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rafe

 My eye’s dropped lazily as I watched the science movie, slowly falling asleep. My eyes closed

for a fraction of a second before I heard a loud crash and opened my eyes on the floor.  Every

one was looking at me questioningly, “uh….” I said as I sat up and looked at every one. I

heard some snickering and giggling but they were out of my line of sight. The teacher looked over the desk “Nevaeh are you okay?” I nodded and stood up “yeah I’m fine, I uh, just um, hey my chair is broken!” I said loudly trying to change the subject. I turned around to point at the offending object, but in my haste my pant leg was caught in the chair leg. Trying to move away from the chair was a mistake, as I pulled my leg to walk; every thing happened like a chain reaction, the chair fell on my leg as I fell to the floor knocking the desk next to mine over. The laughing was distinct this time, it was Mick, Erica, Kristin and Roan were all laughing as I lay there on the science room floor.

 

            My head was pounding, my eyes were closed tightly and I had an ice pack on my head. I was taken to the nurse after my small tumble in the science room, Mick and Roan had taken me the nurse due to the fact that my head was slightly bleeding and I had blacked out for a few seconds. I came too while they were helping me down the stairs, they were talking about what had happened and laughing about it.

“Did you see Nevaeh’s face when she fell over the second time?” Mick said still at a slight loss of breath from laughing so hard.

Roan nodded and laughed again, ‘ugh they are so loud’ I thought weakly ‘you really should do something about them.’ My eyes flung open as a boy’s voice boomed into my brain, “whoa!” I said in surprise. Roan and Mick, whom thought I was unconscious, dropped my arms and jumped back in surprise. “What the hell was that all about?” Mick yelled clearly embarrassed from being so surprised by my outburst. Mick was kind of short to be a 10th grader but no one really minded his height any more.  His skin was tan all the time but unlike me he could probably get sun burns. His hair was short and could easily be spiked with out any salon products and his eye lashes were really long. Mick and I have hated each other ever since we met in 6th grade, but we haven’t fought in a while so it’s not very troublesome.  I smiled evilly “were you scared Mick? Or was that just my imagination.” Roan laughed and pointed at Mick, clearly I had won our small fight. Roan wasn’t fat but he wasn’t very skinny ether, he is mostly muscle from what I have seen. Roan’s hair is naturally a kind if bleach blond and his eye’s are a scary, all most translucent blue.  Roan is also very pale; if he didn’t have blue eyes I would have thought of him to be an albino. Roan and Mick recovered and I tried, and failed, to stand up. Mick and Roan snickered as I glared at them, “come on help me up would ya!” I barked. Still snickering they walked over and helped me walk the remaining distance to the nurse’s office. ‘you changed a lot while I was locked up haven’t you?’  I looked around franticly but my movements were restricted, my headache got much worse when the voice spoke so my concentration was a bit off. I decided to ignore it and try to pay more attention to what the nurse was doing. On account of me blacking out they were going to send me to the hospital to make sure I wouldn’t die or anything.  So while I was in the ambulance looking at the ceiling thinking about how I was going to explain my sleeping in class to my teacher and my parents the voice returned. ‘I’ve missed you but I don’t think you remember me….its sad really.’ My head felt as if an ice pick had just impaled me. Clutching my head I screamed and the medic next to me jumped, I blacked out again. 



© 2009 Rafe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on February 5, 2009


Author

Rafe
Rafe

Highland Park



About
Hey! My real name is Frankie and i'm a girl, just to let you know. I love manga and all that kind of stuff, i'm also into that whole magic and spiritual stuff. Don't ask me why my Pen Name is Rafe bec.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rafe


Raising Sun Raising Sun

A Book by Rafe