House of Silence (Jada e Khamosh)

House of Silence (Jada e Khamosh)

A Story by isis
"

Short story

"
There was a house called Jada e Khamosh ( The home of silence). It was very near to my house and at times when i would go for a walk I would pass right in front of it without noticing it's existence. But a friend said that it's his favorite place and i thought i should check it out. When i went there with my brother while walking, we saw it and it was beautiful just like the name, silent, calm, peaceful, loving and comforting. It was like a silent friend, letting you be at peace, just standing and patting your shoulder for comfort. It was old and dark, although it had a bit of a scary aura, but if u let it soak inside, it was actually comforting. I would often stop and have a cigarette there and just stand, think about the day, answer the unsolvable questions, think about life, it was like a creative spot, i can't describe how i felt and what inspirations i got from that place. But it meant a lot to me, that simple house, it's existence. It was a reflection of my mind, of what i thought i was.
 
 The thing was that house was empty, it was always locked and there were never any lights on, so i am guessing nobody inhabited it and there was a gas station right in front of it, so there was always a little buzzing and scrambling going on at the gas station nd on the other hand Jada e Khamosh was silent, still, static. Almost as if it was a old man passing his final days. I would go alone and stand there, it was so comforting. When i would be upset i woulld go there or when i wanted to be alone or away from the World i would pass that moment there, in front of it. Almost as if, it was a living and breathing person.
 
 But one day when i passed Jada e Khamosh it wasn't there, just a pile of ruble and that's it. They had destroyed it (to make a plaza). I saw it and i just got silent, i looked at the workers would there hammers hitting it, sweat running down there foreheads, arms nd hands. There hammers were making a thud when they hit it's wall. The machines making those heavy sounds. It was like a bunch of thugs hitting, harassing and than killing some innocent passer by. I don't know for how long i watched it. It felt like an old guy being butchered to death while He was staring at the sunset at the beach. It was like murder of silence, Capitalistic style. Withing 10-20 days they made there office and the plaza's foundation planted there. It was a strange transaction from a home to a plaza. I broke down, i cried there hiding my tears from the jerks. But than i thought what would happen in that plaza? Sure people will get jobs, sum supporting hole families with that small job, people will come here to have a good time, business will start, boost the economy etc. But than i said, wait a minute, people will come here buy stuff to get happiness. I am quite confused on a lot of issues but i am sure about one thing in life, just one thing and that's (buying) stuff doesn't makes u happy, it's the small joys, family, friends, rain, nice weather, flowers, watching children smile, a love story's happy ending. That makes us happy. Not the ipod's or the Blackberries. So they destroyed something so beautiful to make a lie to con the people.
 
 Than one day i saw the they had filled the base with dirt. Almost like a grave. Filling it in, i thought finally Jada e Khamosh is buried and that's his final resting place. Away from the lying, cheating, stealing and noisy society that we have became. So good for him, He would have wanted it. RIP Jada e Khamosh. My friend of silence.

© 2010 isis


Author's Note

isis
I am not sure if i used the right words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on August 10, 2010
Last Updated on August 10, 2010

Author

isis
isis

Lahore, Pakistan



About
I am a musician, a composer & a music arranger, i have read a lot of books & always dreamed about writing one someday. I am just here to look for support to discuss my ideas, to find some encouragemen.. more..

Writing
My Isis My Isis

A Story by isis