Friends

Friends

A Chapter by ellie

Marie continued talking with Braden. They talked about what they wanted to accomplish in life. Braden obviously wanted to be a pro football player in the NFL. “So what do you want to be when you grow up?” Braden wondered.

“I wanna be an actress or a singer,” she replied.

“That’s awesome! I wish I could sing,” he commented.

They were in front of a woman’s house with a magnificent garden. She had roses, lilies, delphiniums, bleeding hearts, hydrangeas, Russian sage, etc. Her garden was the best in the entire neighborhood.

Marie changed the subject. “So if you don’t really like Victoria, then why are you dating her?”

“Well, she’s really pretty, and she loves me, because I’m popular.  If I broke up with her, her heart would be broken. I mean I can’t live with that. I have feelings for Victoria.”

Marie thought that Victoria deserved her heart to be broken. She has been mean to anyone who was not popular or in style. A wise friend once told her: Everybody should be treated the way you want to be treated.  Victoria thinks that she is the queen of Northview High.

“Does she love you because of you or your looks etc? No offense.”

Braden didn’t answer. He didn’t know what to say. Marie knew that Victoria liked him because of his good looks and popularity. Marie didn’t want to talk to Braden anymore. “I can be on my own now,” she snarled.

“But……..please. Don’t go. I’ve never talked to anyone about this before. I mean a real talk. I want to be your friend.”

Marie thought that that was very nice. She didn’t believe him at first, but the way that he looked at her, she knew that what he said from his pure lips were true. “You want to be friends…..with me? A brat?”

Braden sighed. He couldn’t believe that Marie just called herself a brat. “You’re not a brat! Who would call you that?”

“Your girlfriend,” she answered, and walked away again.

Victoria called you a brat?” He paused for a second. Braden knew that he had to confront Victoria for the first time. It could mean that they might break up, but he didn’t care that much about it. “Oh my gosh! I can’t believe it!” He was outraged just for a moment.

“Marie....” her mother shouted from inside.

“I have to go. My mom is calling me from inside.”

“Do you want to be friends?” he offered. He was shy about it.  His eyes were staring directly at Marie.  His brunette hair shined in the sun.

She smiled. This is what she dreamed of in her dreams. Marie also dreamed to date him, but she knew that it was impossible. Victoria and her friends was the only thing that stood away from her dream of dating Braden. “I’d like that.”

“Good.” Braden came up to her, and he hugged her. Marie smiled like this was the best afternoon of her life. If she never bumped into him, they would not be friends, and Braden would not know who she was.

Braden left and he headed home. There was something Marie was not honest with him about though. It is time that you know Marie’s deep dark secret.

 



© 2008 ellie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on July 6, 2008