NAMES

NAMES

A Poem by Linear
"

A conversation, on a life changing night

"
"You love her, dont you?"

"Yes I love her, no point in any denial is there"

" Will you care for her, like you said you would care for me?"

"Yes I will care for her"

"What is it about her you love so much?"

"Everything about her is just so perfect, her blue eyes that sparkle lips that I long to kiss "

"Do you love her more than you love me?"

"Now how could that be, It's just different with her, i'm sure you can see"

"I feel a little jealous, I know that she is so very beautiful, I fear she will take you away from me"

"You're being silly, and feeling insecure, you know that I love the both of you, it's plain for all to see"

"You are right of course, how silly of me, for she is our third child how happy we should be"

"Yes my darling, and we both love her so, now think of a name, not just number three."

© 2011 Linear


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the last line of this poem. this poem has deep emotions in it that most people hold back and don't express. Children bring love, laughter and kindness but the emotions that most don't speak about are the anxiety, wondering and being scared. I like how this poem is a conversation. It is creative and well thought out. You have clearly expressed so many emotions going on in this piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow this was very cool and intriguing. one doesn't come across much poems like this one so this really got me interested. that conversation in the poem is very powerful, and that ending really was quite unexpected. that's just great, the indifference in that last line.
awesome work here!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thats a wounderfully unique poem that I do like very much.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

surprising ending.like it a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ha, at first I thought it was mother to son.
But I was surprised at the end.
Great work,
Ann ♥

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely done. Great ending.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah, not another 'woman' atleast not in that aspect.. a woman - child... babies are wonderful.
I enjoyed this two-sided conversation..really touching.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked it! It is sad how some parents are jealous of there children!

Posted 13 Years Ago


thats odd and unique in a good way.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the simplicity of the poem. Does make a difference. Keep writing, well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like it. I have to say though, that this conversation would make me run for the hills, as I have known someone with not so pleasant jealousy for their children. Scary what insecurity can do. But this, this is playful and so sweet.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

901 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 21, 2011
Last Updated on January 21, 2011

Author

Linear
Linear

United Kingdom



About
Dont worry if the sparrow chirps today, Tomorrow the Nightingale shall sing Judge me if you will, not on the words of another who may have their own agenda, but as YOU find me, as YOU .. more..

Writing
Cliche! Cliche!

A Poem by Linear


clouds clouds

A Poem by Linear



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sub Rosa Sub Rosa

A Poem by .


Addicted To You Addicted To You

A Poem by Bubo