before the weather chills again

before the weather chills again

A Story by J. C. Alvares

“Please.” One single tear streamed down Lisa’s face as she wrapped her sister’s hand in her own. “Please, stay strong.” She had to be strong as well, for Sarah’s sake. Her face was paling, her warmth fading. Her lips were almost purple, her eyes were shutting close. The wind was howling outside the house and the trees were scratching the windows as if they were trying to break in, as if they were threatening to rip Sarah away from this world, take her from her loving sister’s hopes.
                Leaving behind trails of dying moments, time doesn’t waste its passing, stretching its fingers and stealing seconds from the living as if so it could keep on going. Every little story and every fading memory were once clear and colorful, but they slip away before it is even possible to notice they were already left to die by the seconds and years that go by.
                As Sarah’s time began its countdown, the temperature in the room seemed to cool. One more tear, then two, then uncountable ones left Lisa’s eyes, trailing away from her face to drop on the covers of her sister’s bed. “Please…be strong…” a tiny whisper was almost lost between the scratching on the windows, but it couldn’t go unnoticed for the girl that stood by the bed, gripping the cold hands of the one who had spoken her last words. She looked straight at her sister. Lisa felt chills run up her spine, because what she saw was no pain, was no fighting, no worry. She could only notice how calm she looked as the hint of light left those eyes. Her hand dropped from Lisa’s. The wind stopped its howling, and light rain fell from the sky, as if the angels had called off the storm so Sarah could look back one more time before closing her eyes.

© 2012 J. C. Alvares


Author's Note

J. C. Alvares
Please ignore any grammar mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on July 2, 2012
Last Updated on July 2, 2012

Author

J. C. Alvares
J. C. Alvares

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil



About
I was told fairytales were meant to last - I'd rather be a warrior than a princess, though. (20 year old Brazilian girl. Studying Literature, hoping I can create a world of my own and live there somed.. more..

Writing
Ravens Ravens

A Story by J. C. Alvares


deathbed deathbed

A Story by J. C. Alvares