one more last chance

one more last chance

A Story by J. C. Alvares
"

How many times should we lose until we finally learn to see?

"
She’s drowning. Deep when the waves have lost their course, and there’s no light for her to see. No one will hear the silent screams; no one will know until the sun sets and it’s too late �" she won’t come home that night, she won’t come home ever again. There was hope and then there wasn’t. She left and her goodbyes never reached the shore. Forgiveness shall never surface…
                …nor shall they ever know the hints were desperate behind those once tender eyes. No one would care and take a second look, nor would they hold her cold hand; she thought to herself “they let me go” and tears would make her fall asleep every night. Bruises marked her story, blackening spots where happy memories should have stood. Old times and long gone moments have turned into pain, unsteady as a dying heart. She fought, she felt, she hurt until despair itself threw her into the dark waters so her eyes could shut close and her body would suddenly feel light and numb as it hit the ocean floor.

© 2012 J. C. Alvares


Author's Note

J. C. Alvares
Please ignore any grammar mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I found this really held my attention, which is quite rare.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 30, 2012
Last Updated on June 30, 2012

Author

J. C. Alvares
J. C. Alvares

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil



About
I was told fairytales were meant to last - I'd rather be a warrior than a princess, though. (20 year old Brazilian girl. Studying Literature, hoping I can create a world of my own and live there somed.. more..

Writing
Ravens Ravens

A Story by J. C. Alvares


deathbed deathbed

A Story by J. C. Alvares