listen up...and then let go

listen up...and then let go

A Story by J. C. Alvares

                His skin was so, so cold against my own. I could see him struggling to keep his eyes open, cold sweat dripping from his forehead, teeth clenching. I knew by the way he was gripping my hand that he wanted to fight the pain, but it was wearing him out. He looked straight into my eyes. “I need you to keep one promise. Do this for me, please. I know it is too much to ask, but I want to make sure you will keep your head up, no matter what. This world is not wonderful, as many people would like it to be �" it’s painful, horrible sometimes. I know. This life is not about proving anyone anything; it’s not about going after something you don’t even know if it’s worth the risk. It’s more likely about being able to hold your ground so others won’t throw you off the edge. It sounds cruel, unfair. Holding your ground doesn’t mean pretending nothing’s happening, but being capable of admitting your fears and feelings and still keep on fighting for what you think is right. Regretting the past is alright as long as you don’t go the wrong way twice. Hurting is not an option, it’s a condition the world imposes you. It will try to drag you down, but you ought to be stronger than it.  You can’t shake it off, but you can try to avoid it…but by doing so, you may feel empty and alone. If you must know, there are some things, some people that are worth the pain. And if you decide they’re worth it, you’ll have to be strong for them...even though if feels like there’s nothing else to be done, it may be the only thing that you can do, so they can let the pain fade by being sure they’ve left this world in the hands of someone that was worth their struggles, too.”

© 2012 J. C. Alvares


Author's Note

J. C. Alvares
Please ignore grammar mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its verry powerfull stuff, you get sumerger by the emotion right away and left me with a really good feeling like everything its going to be ok. I like it a lot thanks for writing it

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 30, 2012
Last Updated on July 30, 2012

Author

J. C. Alvares
J. C. Alvares

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil



About
I was told fairytales were meant to last - I'd rather be a warrior than a princess, though. (20 year old Brazilian girl. Studying Literature, hoping I can create a world of my own and live there somed.. more..

Writing
Ravens Ravens

A Story by J. C. Alvares


deathbed deathbed

A Story by J. C. Alvares