The Boy Named Tip

The Boy Named Tip

A Story by lexingtonvlair
"

A very short story about love. Unfortunately it is more about the lengths some will go to, to be loved.

"

Once apon a time in a day much like the day before tomorrow was a boy named Tip. This boy, or maybe he was a man, had a loving Mom and Dad. But there was problems that no one was able to see. These problems had to deal with his mom and dad but not in their love for each other but the love they had for him. His parents never really loved him, they just accepted him as a person and nothing else.

        One day when he tried to talk to his mother she said “not now,” with a exhausting sigh. At this point Tip walked away with his head heading down to the devil himself. His sorrow brought him to the doorway of his room. This really wasn't much of a room since it was really just a closet filled with his own personal belongings. Not to say there was much there, it was all owned before he ever owned it, and all had great history before he ever got hold of it. The history in this closet included angry men that now lived under bridges and those who escaped by using there friend's resources and money.

        He sat there crying his night away waiting for the day that he could be apart of his own family. In the ways that children movies show the children always getting along with the ones that birthed them. He imagined all the times he watched on the tele, all the stories told in school, about the loving parents who would rather shed tears themselves then see them grace their own child's eyes. And they all had this great, lovely ending, one that made you lust for the life ahead of you. One where the child hugged his parents and showed signs of affection to the ones that showed him the same. But this isn't the story we are telling today, is it? This is the story of Tip, a boy who offered his own hand to be a necklace for his mother, not a story of love, a story of sorrow and how not everyone in this world is allowed to be loved.

        Tip woke up one morning to the yelling he was used to. His brain was filled with the evil thoughts that the arguments have caused. Angry and full of regret he went off to the kitchen in need of early morning nourishment. But to his dismay he watched his parent's anger show real presence through their tears and violence. At the sight of this disgusting matter he went back to his little people cage and sat in the puddles of his own personal tears. His anger towards himself was enforced by the types of thoughts his parents expressed. This had to end, he couldn't live this life no longer.

        Simply grabbing a blade and striking across his wrist wouldn't end the anger inside of him, the anger caused by parents who didn't understand. His fear was that the darkness existed much deeper, possibly all of the way down to his soul. It was a plague that ruined the entire nation he must walk within. It corrupted everything around him, nothing was safe in his world. It was evil to the purist sense. Something has to allow the light to shine in this grim world of upheaval. He looked all over to find what could help his blight, but no light was to be found. He looked all over until he saw an image, one of complete humility. This, though, was the happiest thing he has ever seen.

        It was a thought of lips, and how they turned upwards into a smile of greatness. This smile was not on any ordinary man, it was no man at all actually, but his mother with an expression he has never seen before. She sat there with the brightest glow in her eyes, a glow that has never been seen from this lady. And the way her lips parted to show teeth, more upper then lower, was a magnificent display of dentistry. He has dreamed of this day for his entire life, and when his eyes lowed lower then his own mothers face he saw the reason for her happiness. It laid on a gold necklace and laid there beautifully. He sat their wondering how this could possibly be and why would his own mother find this the greatest thing to ever be. This was not of young Tip's understanding.

        Knowing that he must figure out how to accomplish this fine present that would bring utmost happiness to the women who granted his birth, he headed out to the garage. In there he found the saw that he spent a month during the summer sawing down the tree that stood in the front yard. This saw stared back at him in disgust for what he was about to do for this women who didn't love him as much as he loved her. A tear graced his face as he said his good byes, but at times we have to allow things to go. And this time his hand is that thing that must go. That is the one thing he imagined would bring her happiness, but how. How could something so violent bring her this happiness envisioned. These where questions that he couldn't answer, but the necessity of his mothers happiness was the most important thing of all. So with a bite into an old sock he was forced to wear previously, his hand started the process necessary to remove his other hand. After this painful endeavor finally was over he stood staring, crying over his ill fated hand.

        He taped the two hands shut and sat in the living room waiting for his mother to join them. This mother who never cared about him would find love in the gift he has made for her today. He sat for what seemed like hours or maybe even days watching the leftover blood from his wrist gradually become that of the floor. Hours later then the boy expected his mother finally entered the door with a wobble and a sure stride. She saw her little boy stand, weak from the blood he left on the floor, and reach out to her. She didn't know this but in the boys hand was his other. Maybe her response would have been different if she understood what the boy did, but instead she pushed the boy away and reminded him of how much she disliked him in her house. Stumbling she made it up the stairs and turned the corner spending most of her time with her back facing the boy instead of her front.

        Laying there with a tear in his eye the boy stopped looking for her approval, but instead started looking for his own. Silently he laid there letting the blood cover the floor wondering why this life was not suitable for living. His eyes closed thinking of nothing more then the events that happened in his stories on the magnificent tele. His own life seemed less worthy then these stories that never happened. His wrist bled until the lights went out around him. His thoughts fluttered until the his eyes no longered focused. And at the end of his thoughts his hand dropped to the ground only to be found the next morning by his uncaring mother.

        She picked it up staring at the beautiful necklace the hand was attached to. She wrapped this golden string with her son's hand was attached to, around her neck. She began to glow with a smile apon her face, one that showed more upper lip then lower. With this, she walked out, a brand new day.

 

© 2009 lexingtonvlair


Author's Note

lexingtonvlair
any and all constructive criticism is welcome

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

An unusual piece, but interesting. I would do a thorough editing for grammar. Here are a few errors:

- "apon" should be "upon"
- "there was problems" should be "were" instead of "was" because "problems" is plural.
- indent new paragraphs for character quotations

Some parts are a bit confusing, perhaps if you could explain:

- how the closet relates to homeless and angry people
- why it is logical to him that he should cut off his own hands to give to a mother who doesn't like him

Creative piece, good luck!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
1 Review
Added on January 4, 2009

Author

lexingtonvlair
lexingtonvlair

tucson, AZ



About
hey Im 30, and been writing my whole life. more..

Writing