conquering twilight

conquering twilight

A Story by lexingtonvlair
"

mush in love (2)

"

In a land where the sun had turned black lived a young boy. the boy, not to young to be on his own, stood by the once flurishing gardens. Saddened by the decay his eyes began to fill with tears. All of the villagers left the day the sky turned black. But the boy for stories sake we'll call him Filbert, stayed behind. His love for his village was great and he knew in his heart that there was hope. But looking apon his diening village Filbert's eyes filled with tears once again. The blurry images seemed to compose a picture in Filbert's mind. The image was of the great mountain Fontina, and atop of this mountain was a magical flower. A flower that glowed as brightly as the sun. Excited, and full of energy he heads out to the great Mount Fontina.  Filbert, still only a boy, must fight off all of his fear because of this great quest. He must find the courage to travel a dark and dieing land, up a gigantic mountain, and back down to his village with a magical flower. It worried Filbert to  know it was up to him and only him to bring light back into his village again. After a hurried aproach towards the mountain, Filbert came across a giant spider-like creature. This creature was very dangerous and laid apon it's belly using it's legs like needles to stab it's victims. Filbert pulled out his trusty knife and aproached the creature. Trying to use his knife only in self defence he runs past the creature with minimal injuries. Crying behind a moss covered boulder, filbert's vision goes blurry once again. But this time the vision of hope was different, it was of children playing with a ball in his village. Sniffing up the tears he could and shaking off the rest Filbert jumps up and starts his way up the mountain. Tired and weak from his injuries he continues further, determined to find this magical flower. The path seemed to get darker with every step Filbert took. But when he turned the bend, a light flooded the scene. This light glimmered so bright he went blind for a few minutes. Right there in front of him stood the magical flower of his dreams. Filbert knows now that he will be the greatest hero his village had ever seen. All he must do now is take the flower back down to his village and plant it in a safe location. But in his weakened state can he make it back down the mountain, past the creature that caused his injuries. Or will he simply fall asleep on the trail never to wake again. Filbert crumbles to the ground thinking of these great tragidies. Just as he was about to lose all hope a nut hit him on the head. Filbert didn't see a nut though, he saw the vry same ball from his last vision. Remembering the children that would never be born if he were to fail this quest gave Filbert the streangth to keep moving down the mountain. Once home Filbert plants the magical flower and the light filled all of the lands. After word got out about what Filbert had done all of the villagers came home. And it was all because of one boy's love for his village was much greater than his fears of failure or even death.

© 2008 lexingtonvlair


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on March 14, 2008

Author

lexingtonvlair
lexingtonvlair

tucson, AZ



About
hey Im 30, and been writing my whole life. more..

Writing