the white lily

the white lily

A Story by lexingtonvlair
"

mush in love (3)

"

On a pleasant day, late in the winter, a boy sat listening to the tale of the white lily, as told to him by his mother. The exact story of how the white lily came to be is unknown, but that's how all fables are created, aren't they.

"This town used to be shrouded in darkness," Sage's mother told him. "This wasn't the type of darkness that blackened our skies, but the kind that blackened our hearts. It was said that there was still purity and love in the village, but the evil was just too overwhelming to see it. It seemed to be a constant struggle to be nice in such a cruel world. So on a snowy day much like this one, an old woman took a hold of her granddaughter, Sprout, and dragged her into the woods. Sprout was a joyful child who constantly fell prey to the darkness. This really wasn't that hard since Sprout was a good girl who always did what she was told. It was her loving nature that attracted the darkness to her. Towards the center of the woods Sprout and her grandmother came across a huge, dieing flower. The flower was crumbled and limp apon the ground. Sprouts grandmother explained how only the kindest, most loving people could heal the white lily. So the old lady had Sprout lay a kiss apon the flower. Sprout stood there for a moment thinking of all the unkind thoughts others didn't know about.  She took a deep breath  and then laid a  delicate kiss apon one of the wilted pedals. Alone, the old lady came home to a village free from the darkness."

Sage looked apon his mother with tears in his eyes, "did Sprout ever return home?"

His mother quitely replied, "no."

Saddened by the sacrifice Sprout made, Sage went off into the woods in search of the white lily. Sage started  feeling angrier and angrier the further he travelled through the woods. He thought he saw the darkness moving, but his anxiety was so great it was hard to be sure. Sage started kicking rocks and swinging his swordaround in complete frustration. When suddenly a bright light flooded the scene. Sage took a good long look at the lily and figured out what really happenned. This darkness is attracted to love and kindness and by sacrificing herself, Sprout attracted all of the darkness while inside of the white lily. Weither or not it was wise to save save her, Sage didn't care. He felt it was his duty to free Sprout from her lonely prison. Sage pulled at the pedals of the white lily freeing Sprout. The darkness swirled about and spread back out across the land.

"Thank you for saving me," Sprout said, "but the darkness will go out and hurt all of those with love in their hearts if I don't return."

Sage stared at sprout for a moment, and told her that she no longer had to do it alone, he will stand by her side in the white lily and help her attract all of the darkness. Smiling Sprout laid a gentle kiss apon Sage's lips and told him thank you. Sage and Sprout bent over and kissed the flower together. The lily glowed brightly and started healing itself, but this time it imprisonned noone. With one last kiss passed between each other they left the woods never to be alone or afraid of the darkness ever again.

© 2008 lexingtonvlair


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on March 14, 2008

Author

lexingtonvlair
lexingtonvlair

tucson, AZ



About
hey Im 30, and been writing my whole life. more..

Writing