the dreamlife of roses

the dreamlife of roses

A Story by lexingtonvlair

the dreamlife of roses



In a time, about four months ago, there lived a family of pink roses. There was a father rose, who worked in the dew fields all morning. And there was a mother rose who injoyed to bask in the sun all day. These two roses had two children. The first, and eldest, was Nib. He was an angry rose with the dullest of glows and many sharp thorns. The other was Hop, the prettiest rose in the bush. These roses lived a happy life on the corner of Cherry Lane.
Every morning, after father left for work, Nib and Hop would watch as children would gather around the corner of Cherry Lane. They would watch the children laugh and play until a giant yellow bus would come by and take them off to some unknown land. Nib and Hop would spend the rest of the day wondering where these children go on this bus and why they'll do it every day.
Finally the day had come when Nib had come up with a plan. It was a normal morning with father in the fields and mother in the kitchens. Nib and Hop watched as the children played. After the bus came by and took the children off to this unknown land Nib told Hop his plan. The plan made Hop very happy since they would finally find out what lies beyond the corner of Cherry Lane. The two roses just had to wait for the next morning when the children returned to play again.
A whole day had passed and the father rose went down to the dew fields and the mother rose started to bask in the sun. Nib and Hop sat waiting for the children to return to the corner of Cherry Lane. Just like always the children laughed and played. They ran around, poked each other, and even tossed falling leaves at one another. This was Nib's chance, as a boy with a blue coat came running by he reached out with his thorny arm and grabbed on to the coat as strongly as he could. The boy screamed out and twisted around freeing his coat from Nib's thorns. This boy looked down and noticed the torn sleeve that the rose gave him, and started to cry.
Alittle girl with a pretty pink ribbon in her hair came by and hugged the little boy. Nib and Hop watched as she pulled a pair of scizzors out of her bag and told him that it'll be OK. This young girl looked over the rose bush and asked wich one was the rose that attacked him. Sniffing up his tears he pointed towards Nib. She reached over to Nib with her scizzors in hand and got ready to snip this rose from the bush.
Before she snipped rose from the bush, the little girl noticed another rose, Hop. She stared at this roses beauty for a while, then decided to snip her instead. There you go the little girl told the boy as she snipped Hop from the bush.The little girl loved Hop's smell and the way she matched her pretty pink ribbon. Nib watched as the little girl jumped aboard the school bus and took Hop to the unknown land.
Nib waited all day by himself wondering of the great things Hop must be seeing in this unknown land she had traveled to. According to the plan the little girl will return in the morning with Hop in her hands. But when the next morning came the little girl wasn't holding onto Hop. He reached out to attack the girl, but a rose could only reach so far. Nib kept struglling untill the school bus returned to the corner of Cherry Lane and took the children off to the unknown land. Nib sat alone, day after day, wondering about all the great things Hop could be experiancing. His thorns got bigger and his glow got duller, while wishing he could be with her. Nib never relized that a rose couldn't survive without their bush, and grew up to be even angrier and thornier then before.

© 2008 lexingtonvlair


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on March 14, 2008

Author

lexingtonvlair
lexingtonvlair

tucson, AZ



About
hey Im 30, and been writing my whole life. more..

Writing