Chatty Man

Chatty Man

A Story by florry
"

An important day

"
It had took some time to end up in this airless room. 38 years and 14 days to be precise. She didn't mind really. Now was the right time, that she was sure of.
He entered the room with the flout of a game show host. Flo couldn't help but chuckle to herself. He reminded her of someone, but who she couldn't be sure and that began to annoy her.  He was taking valuable space up him her mind and she really didn't want him there. Not today of all days. Today she had bigger and more important things to think about.
The name badge said Kevin. Flo thought that the name didn't suit him,he looked more like a Piers to her. Flo wanted her brain to get into gear. Who did he remind her of? Had they met before?
Kevin began to talk. It was something he always did when he was nervous and he had never got out of the habit, even after all this time. " Take your time, its not unusual to want to re-read the file under these circumstances. There is a lot to take in isn't there? Only yesterday I had a woman of Chinese origin in here. My of my was she in for a shock! Turned out her mother had run away to the circus and had an affair with the trapess artist who was from Beijing - she had always thought she was from Grimsby. It never ceases to amaze me...you know..peoples stories..."
The file wasn't particularly thick. Flo wondered if that meant there wasn't much to be told. As she begin reading she was aware of the constant chatter inside her mind. Her thoughts mixed with Kevins jabber. Why couldn't she place him? She needed to place him.She needed him to be quiet.

Flo had finished reading before Kevin stopped talking. She found the way he folded and unfolded his legs in such a dramatic manner fascinating. He had a touch of the theatre about him for sure, she thought. She let him continue. "Of Course, any time you want to stop you can. We don't force you to read it all you know!" Kevin laughed  nervously.

Flo had finished. She had her answer. She knew who he reminded her of and she was so pleased with herself. Chatty man. She had placed Chatty Man off the telly!  But more importantly she had placed herself. She gave Kevin her Adoption file back, thanked him and left.

© 2013 florry


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on November 29, 2013
Last Updated on November 29, 2013

Author