Sometimes Things Fall Apart

Sometimes Things Fall Apart

A Story by Lindsey
"

Just a little passage that came to me one day about a random couple of characters that I know nothing about. Let me know what you think, please!

"

“I can’t handle this anymore!” Dakoda buried her face in her hands and let loose a sound that was part scream, part moan, and all miserable.

It tore at Derek, and he couldn’t think of a way to stop her pain. He didn’t even know what was causing it yet. He shifted to try and put a comforting arm around her, but as soon as she felt his arm making the motion she practically leaped to her feet, wrapping her arms tight around her stomach.

“Koda…” he began, confused at her rejection.

But she cut him off, saying, “It means something different to you than it does to me.” Dakoda hunched her shoulders, unconsciously trying to make herself smaller. “Every time I see you, or you take my hand, give me a hug, smile at me…” She fell silent, controlling the tears that wanted to spill out of her. “…I fall for you more with every gesture. When you see me, I’m your best friend. I’m that girl you grew up with.”

She finally turned back to face Derek where he still sat on the couch. Her eyes were clear now, but they held the story of her pain and sorrow. It brought him to his feet, and then held him right where he stood.

“Not anymore, Derek,” Dakoda continued softly. “I just can’t keep it up anymore. I can’t keep pretending you’re just my best friend when you are so much more than that. It’ll kill me if I try, so all I’m asking is that you don’t come to find me this time. Just stay away from me. Forever.”

Frozen in space, it was all Derek could do to watch as she walked out of his life.

© 2011 Lindsey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

These are some really interesting characters. They have a lot of potential. Each character has a back story that I'm dying to hear. Keep it up.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
1 Review
Added on June 22, 2011
Last Updated on June 22, 2011

Author

Lindsey
Lindsey

NH



About
Hiya! For the basics, my name is Lindsey and I'm currently a college student. I have been an avid reader for as long as I can remember. I started writing for myself as a senior in high school. So far .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Lindsey


Controllers Controllers

A Book by Lindsey