The Misleader Introduction

The Misleader Introduction

A Story by Laura R
"

This is the first part of a book I am writing.

"

Preface

I kept on running. I didn’t stop. I didn’t look back. I couldn’t. My shoes were coming off and the shoe laces were untied. The sounds around me were a blur as the footsteps of my own feet echoed as they hit the ground. My hands were all bloody from the ropes and my arms were all scratched up. It was hard to breathe. I couldn’t breathe. I had run away. I have run away from the nightmare.

Chapter 1

September 12,2007

Dear Blog,

Well, we have moved safely from Washington D.C and are now in our new place! The flight was long and boring but when Mike and I entered out new place, we didn’t want to go anywhere else. It was a tiring flight! We are now all unpacked and settled in (mostly). As for more boring news, today is my first day of school here… Yippee.. My next adventure has begun. Until later days, Ciao!

Jodes

I closed my computer and leaned back on the couch. It had been two full days of unpacking to get this big place up and running and half decent. I like adventures and everything but not the packing part. There is only one good thing about packing and that’s unpacking. Don’t call me crazy until you find out why! I am a neat freak and I am up for a new look any time so when you unpack and find things you have been missing forever, you can put it in a new place and make it look better!

“You ready for school?” Mike asked. I looked at him. He reminded me so much of mom. He had blonde hair and blue eyes just like her, except he had shorter hair of course. If you don’t know, I am talking about my brother, Michael Phillip Dallas. It was a pretty tough name, but it fit him because he was totally tough. For goodness sake, he has muscles like baseballs! Let’s just say I always felt safe when I was with him especially when it was just the two of us.

Instead of leaving you out, because you totally deserve the whole story, I will tell you what’s up and fill you on our lives. I’m Jodie Lynn Dallas and I am 17 years old and I am one of those adventurous girls that are always on the edge of everything. I like rock-climbing, playing guitar, blogging, and music. As for my brother, I explained some already. His name is Mike, he is 20 years old and he used to be a quarterback in football in Washington D.C. He has a full scholarship to USC but turned it down to look after me. He really is a great guy!

As for our parents, they ditched us when I was twelve and Mike was fifteen years old. We don’t know what happened to them though. Mike and I lived together in Washington D.C. until a couple days ago, when we moved over here to Los Angeles. We moved because our guardian, Uncle Jenkins, died of cancer last month and in his will, it stated that Mike and I would get everything. So here we are. Of course, you can figure out that it’s the first day of school and yeah, I am not too thrilled. I hated being late for anything and being the new kid.

I looked at the clock on the mantle. “Yeah,” I said, “I think I am ready.” I placed my laptop in my backpack as well as some notepads and pens. I got up from the couch and slipped my shoes on and threw my backpack over my shoulder. I hated backpacks, but Mike insisted I needed one, so, I bought it with his money.

Mike smirked. “What?” I asked as I bent down and put the shoelaces into the shoes. Pet peeve number two. Hated shoe laces. “Why are girls always slow? I mean, they say just a minute and it turns out to be like, twenty minutes!” He replied sarcastically. You know, if we didn’t have a good relationship, this could have turned out pretty nasty, but I let it slide. I smiled and gave him the nudge-nudge-punch hit to the shoulder. Yes, I am a girl, but I hated to be called one of those stereotypical girls that takes-at-least-three-hours-to-do-everything. I was definitely not that. I was that girl that would wear nice comfy jeans with a girl t-shirt and skater shoes. Sometimes I would get more dressed up. It depended. Uncle Jenkins used to call me names like ‘skater girl’, ‘firefly’ (don’t ask) or my favourite, ‘teenage dirt bag’. I was definitely not one of those two hour girls.

I walked downstairs to the parking lot and waiting for so called ‘Mr. on time’ to hurry up and arrive. I looked around outside. It was only eight in the morning and the whole city seemed to be up. A morning breeze brushed passed me. I closed my eyes and inhaled the air. It was so relaxing, but it wasn’t like D.C at all. This air was thicker, but it was still refreshing. I loved the outdoors. I could just fall on the grass �" not caring about the bugs and insects- and just sleep. I wouldn’t be scared.

At last, Mike came out of the building. He swung the keys around his finger as a sign of ‘get in the car’. He has been able to rive since our uncle taught him and me but since he was older, he drove. His car could be described as the hottest car in D.C, but it was just the average car in L.A. It was a black, pimped out firebird with black leather seats and a neon blue steering wheel. Not to mention the steel pedals and latest music system which was voice enhanced. It was a pretty nice car for a twenty year old. Did I mention to Nitrous?

We got in the car and headed off to my first big adventure in Los Angeles.

© 2010 Laura R


Author's Note

Laura R
Tell me what you think.. i have been working on this for a while.. I am not even sure on the title yet!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on July 6, 2010
Last Updated on July 6, 2010

Author

Laura R
Laura R

Port Rowan, Ontario, Canada



About
I have always loved writing and in my spare time, I am trying to write two books. I love the outdoors and I love going on adventures. If you want to know more, please let me know! more..

Writing
A Drawing A Drawing

A Story by Laura R