Alexander

Alexander

A Chapter by Kayla

Chapter 3: Alexander

My body shot straight up.  I was breathing heavily and sweating.  My eyes moved around my little bedside table until they found my clock.  The bright blue lights flashed 3 AM. 

With a huge sigh, I plopped my head back down on the pillow and pulled the covers up.  My mind drifted off into what happened in my dream.

My dad telling my mom that someone is napping in his room.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  But instead of ending there, it continued.  My father was telling me about how beautiful I was, when we heard a scream.  He carried me into the house and up the stairs.  Inside a bedroom was my mother, crying over an empty bed.

"He's gone!" she said.  And that's when I woke up.

It's odd how I've had the same dream over and over for a long time now.  And the first night I slept with a mirror in my room, the dream kept on going!

I closed my eyes.  Watching the dream repeatedly.

I was beginning to doze when I thought I heard someone whisper my name.

That's strange.  The room is completely empty!

My eyes closed again.  And yet, I heard the voice call my name once more.

And when I sat up, I saw something in the mirror that wasn't my reflection.

It was boy.  Probably about my age, maybe a year or two older.

I looked to where he should be standing, but there was nobody there.  In fact, I was still the only person in the room!

"How is that possible?" I wondered out loud.

"How is what possible?" Said the cool, crisp voice of the boy in the mirror.

I got out of my bed and walked closer to the mirror.  My hand reached out and touched the cool glass, making sure that he wasn't just standing on the other side of an empty frame.  Then I walked to back of the mirror.  All I saw was the backside of the mirror, the wall, and the tiny space between the two.

Finally settling on myself being crazy and seeing things, I moved back to the front of the mirror.

He was gone!

"You read the incantation, didn't you?" He said, making me jump.

I spun around and there he was in the corner of my bedroom.

"Sorry.  I didn't mean to scare you!" He apologized.

"Who are you and what do you want?" My voice quivered.

"My name is Alexander.  And I am here because you read the incantation."

"Incantaion? What incantation?" I wracked my brain.  Trying to remember reading anything that sounded like a spell.

He pointed at the mirror and then read the words written on it. 

"So...it's just an old mirror!" I said.

He laughed. "Do you even know what that all means?"

"No."

Alexander sighed. "It's Latin.  The writing says The mirror of passage.  Anyone who speaks these words 'open in the name of the Holy Lord' shall bring forth the portal to the land of Alazainia.' And you must have said those words!"

"Wait a second! You're telling me that that mirror is a portal to a nonexistant land.  And you used the portal to come to my room, right?"

"Exactly!"

"Oh no!" I sank down onto my bed. "I must be going crazy!"

He moved closer to me and reached for my hand. "You must come with me."

"Where?"

"Back to Alazainia!" He said, rolling his eyes.

"No! I don't know you! In fact, get out of my room or I'll call the police!"

"If you don't come with me, you're parents will die!"

"You know nothing about my parents!" I said angrily.

He bent down closer to me.  Our faces were mere inches away.  I noticed that Alexander had red eyes and a very sweet scent.

I watched as his pupils got bigger and smaller, until I felt nothing but determined to go with him.

Alexander stood up straight and reached his arm out again. "Now come with me."

I took his freezing cold hand and he pulled me through the mirror.

 



© 2009 Kayla


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
a
This was interesting but i think that logically if a strange dude popped out of a mirror we'd be freaking out running away screaming, not talking to the weird boy.lol. But it good. . . really good. I liked it

Posted 13 Years Ago


Interesting.
Good job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


huh...this boy seems interesting and the whole ur parents will die if you dont come with me thing has got me guessing too...i wonder if he could be the bad guy...anyways this was a good chapter

if you were looking for advice, then the thing i would say would to probably be to make it flow a little better...the sentences are a little cut up and choppy so try going back and reading it as if you were reading a story you have never read...that usually helps pick up mistakes easier...other than that im rlly interested to see what happens next :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


and also, GREAT improvement from the last chapter :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OOooo! this is so unique! I really like it... I am really curious as to what this boy looks like, and just more about him! i love how you leave it out it keeps me wondering :)!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 29, 2009
Last Updated on December 29, 2009


Author

Kayla
Kayla

Rochester, NY



About
My name is Kayla. I live in the United States of America. I am starting my first year at Monroe Community College. I am extremely close to my family. I have three best friends (Cassidy, Karl.. more..

Writing
Alazainia Alazainia

A Book by Kayla


The Dream The Dream

A Chapter by Kayla