Rest

Rest

A Poem by Tai Ryens

Stale boots tap as they abrade stepping stones

Etched with memories of those beneath;

Fatigued eyes scan the meadow counting roses,

Expecting results identical to counting sheep.

 

No longer can I endure the torture of the slenderest hand

Hovering above me with an eternal tick-tock;

Nor can I abide the grudging pupils of a faint madman

Scrutinizing me from glass as if he were a hawk.

 

Nonexistent thoughts bellow in my minds prison,

As I count off the seconds until I am released;

I desire nothing more nor less than to escape insomnia,

Reason being that I may finally rest in peace.

 

© 2012 Tai Ryens


Author's Note

Tai Ryens
Not too satisfied with the ending. I may tweak that in the near future; in the meantime, enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very well done as usual:) the imagery in the first stanza made me feel as if I was walking through a cemetery. Don't know if that's what you meant but it gave me that mental picture. Your use of language is dark and elegant. The 2nd stanza was vuage and made me want to read in deeper to decipher the meanings. Another great poem:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tai Ryens

12 Years Ago

Indeed, that was what I intended. I thank you kindly for your kind reviews!
Lost in Wonderland

12 Years Ago

No problem:) you never cease to impress me



Reviews

I feel like these verses are just bursting images and ideas. . . This withered old man with his antique pocket watch who stalks you in the night. I don't know if that was what you were going for but that is what I got. I like the ending, I think it concludes the poem well.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great job. The vocabulary is great. The idea of the poem is very well thought out.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is a very descriptive piece and tells a good story. I think the endings fine, by the way. Good work :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Excellently written, so much emotion. It left me wanting more. Great write

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is amazing! I love the descriptions, like how there are 'stale boots' and 'grudging pupils'. The ending fits, it's a great ending! Well written and an awesome job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Amazing imagery and very well written. The piece flowed together very nicely as well.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Why aren't you satisfied with the ending??!!
The ending is amazing! I absoloutly love your writing style and the way you get your point across.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Tai Ryens

12 Years Ago

I feel that it was not as elegant as the rest of the poem. Thanks.
Ending sounds fine, Ryan. You brought it a satisfying conclusion, with a bit of surprise for the reader. No, I wasn't thinking insomnia either. It works.

Posted 12 Years Ago


ending is not bad at all ....good job

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

388 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 26, 2012
Last Updated on July 26, 2012
Tags: insomnia, dark

Author

Tai Ryens
Tai Ryens

Bay Area, CA



About
I must start that I am not as active as I should be on this site, though I do tend to drop by every now and then and review what I can from friends and those whose works I enjoy. Currently, I am dippi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..