Ice Patch

Ice Patch

A Poem by Nautili
"

Please pray for Sarah, a young woman in my church, who was in a very bad car accident, if you are a praying person. This happened a couple days ago.

"

 

 

Ice patch

Car sliding

Red barn

Roadside

Sudden impact

Two children;

Scared toddler

Split lip

Baby unscathed

Backseat

Crying.....crying.

Unresponsive mother

Brain trauma

Broken skull

Bleeding....bleeding.

Ambulance, police

Sirens shrieking

Hospital staff

Husband hurries

IV’s and CT’s

Surgery starts

Hands wrenching

Pastor comes

Praying....praying.

Blood clots

Successful removal

First hurdle

Survived surgery

Brain exposed

Swelling scare

Induced coma

Next day

More tests

CT. Scan

Swelling stopped

Touch response

Hands and feet,

Moved them!

Waiting.....waiting.

People everywhere,

Praying.....praying.

 

© 2010 Nautili


Author's Note

Nautili
This was hard to write, my way of processing, but I could only write in clipped phrases.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The blunt clipped phrases match the merciless indifference of sudden impact collisions, & the medical emergency aftermaths. Our lives in this form are hanging by a thread. This is not our only form, but while we're here we must be attentive to one another's hearts, minds, bodies, souls. No one should lack for what is needed. The human race must put its own HUMANITY before all the rationalizations otherwise found in the egregious realms of political economics.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I have never liked sad poetry.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Excellent effect with your clipped phrases. Love it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I wanted to give an update on Sarah's recovery.....I spent every Tues with her after she got out of rehab, until recently. She is still forgetful, and emotionally like a teenager at times, rather than the 32 yr. old woman she is. Her mother-in-law watches the children everyday, and they usually spend the night with the in-laws, in their (the in-laws) home. Sarah wants nothiing more than to be in her own home, watching her children. She is fine with the idea of being shadowed by women in the church, to ensure she is keeping the children safe and meeting their basic needs. This is not happening. I have offered my services, but because of my job, I cannot be there everyday. Sadly, her husband, an independent contractor, is not poor enough on paper to get help from social services. This is a woman who really needs the help in order to get her life back! It has been frustrating and I am not convinced her best interests have been in mind. Life gets complicated, and this has been full of drama. Sarah is a good friend, but I was getting too caught up in the whole thing, and my observations and concerns were being unheeded. Sarah hates living with the mother-in-law, who has been acting more and more like the mother of those two children. Sarah is depressed and feels powerless.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I do believe in prayer, and in people who are blessed with the gift to heal through prayer. Intercessory ministry does this kind of thing. Faith heals, may it be in any aspect: emotional, Financial, Spiritual, more so, physical.

Your style in writing this mirrors an accident. Few words, but they are strong, informative even. It's as if I could hear how the words would sound, if spoken.



Posted 12 Years Ago


The road of life can sometimes be a tragic one I hope the one you write of recovers fully!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I will pray for Sarah and hope for her speedy recovery. You wrote well. Written in phrases, but echoes the chain of events..Good job..Hope your message reaches out and hope the prayers are heard soon..

Posted 13 Years Ago


that you can process and articulate at all is a good thing. I firmly believe God is Healer and wants health for everyone. This poem makes the ache palpable.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well, I take this to be written in a form meant to capture the distant and far-offish nature that trauma induces to those worrying and praying, unable to think long coherent thoughts, and interrupting so many thoughts with prayers...they catch updates and information in short sound bytes.....Maybe I am off base here, but that's what I get.

Interesting and creative poem full of emotion and helplessness (outside of the comfort God brings to us in our time of need).

Kudos-
Mark

Posted 13 Years Ago


(shhhhhh) be still.... (and know God)...it is not easy when your hands are wringing, you spirit in despair...your mind full of need...but when is it ever more important? Bless.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

436 Views
10 Reviews
Added on December 31, 2010
Last Updated on December 31, 2010

Author

Nautili
Nautili

NY



About
A Dream Within A Dream Take this kiss upon the brow! And, in parting from you now, Thus much let me avow- You are not wrong, who deem That my days have been a dream; Yet if.. more..

Writing
Dutch Boy Dutch Boy

A Poem by Nautili