41 Reasons

41 Reasons

A Story by krojo

 

I have a lot of things planned for 2008. Nothing big. I figured we had a busy enough year in 07 and that I could relax a little this year. Set little goals. Just take it easy. Anyway one of these things is to write a more, a lot more. What better way to start than to share my thoughts and feeling with my dear close myspace friends. So here comes the first of many
 
41 reasons to believe this year will be better than last:
 
We don’t have to move!!!! While packing up Christmas decorations I realized….I don’t have to bubble wrap, quadruple wrap, or shrink wrap every breakable item for storage. These items are going in my basement, not to some unforeseen location in someone else’s garage or a storage unit. How exciting! I could put things in a box with no protective covering and still have piece of mind that my extra fragile snowman Christmas ornaments will remain in tack for Christmas’ to come.
 
Less stress. Not no stress, less stress. A lot of things have been uncertain the last couple years. Our lives have yearned and depended on two certain things happening, conversations often included “when we have a house” and “when we have another baby”. Those things are now taken care of. All there is to do is enjoy having them and making sure the mortgage gets paid and the diapers get changed. I know “when we have another baby” will enter into the picture again, but right now we’re just enjoying life and trying to not take any of it for granted.
 
Piece of mind. Last January I could tell you nothing for certain, except maybe I wasn’t certain. I didn’t know where we were going to be living, who would be watching my children, where Madeline would start preschool, heck I didn’t even know the sex of my unborn child! This year I know things. I know where we live, where Madeline goes to school, and not only do we have a sitter, we have a back-up sitter as well. Oh, and Amelia is a girl.
 
I got my best friend back. Nuf said, I love you Willy T, the he minnow.
 
My dreads will get longer. The first 6 months are the hardest to get through. Last time I made it 8 months and hacked them off. This time is the real deal. It’s been 9 months and I’m happy with them, but I’ll be even more happier when they’re longer.  
 
I can eat Sushi again – the whole year. You know, since I’m not with child. Most of what I like is cooked anyway…like octopus, but I followed the better safe than sorry rule. Same with cleaning out the litter box, pregos aren’t supposed to do that either…although that aspect of it didn’t bother me. I hardly enjoy scooping poop as much as enjoy
 
I got a KitchenAid mixer. Something for a long time I thought would make my life, or at least my kitchen, complete. I can now mix, whip, and beat things with ease…knowing that with each stroke I may be creating the fluffiest cookie dough known to man. 
 
My husband is hot – not that this is any different from 2007 but something I am grateful for not just every year, but every day.
 
No more mood swings! After pregnancy and breastfeeding hormonal fits of every emotion you could imagine I think I am finally balancing out. I’m me again and it feels good. No more getting mad at Puff when I’m taking a bath and she won’t quit staring at me, no more crying at commercials, and no more being depressed because the laundry’s not done. 
 
3 years. We’ve been married 3 years and 2008 will bring us our 4th. Do you know what the present is for 4th anniversaries? Me either, but I’m sure it will be fabulous.
 
I hate the Patriots. I relish in the fact they did not win the Super Bowl. Tom Brady is a little b***h and everyone knows it. I think I am happier that the Patriots lost than if the Colts would have won. The only way it could be sweeter is if it would have been us that be them, but we’ll never play them in the Super Bowl so this is as sweet as it gets. Oh, and I would like to give a shout out to Billy B for being such a sore loser. He is a real piece of work. He was off the field and through the tunnel before the game was even over. I did like his comment after the game “we got our hands on some balls” I can’t wait to see how that sound bit is used.
 
Jamie Lynn will have her baby. Let’s see if this wreck of a 16 year old can prove to be a better parent than her proud-to-be-white-trash sister. Or maybe their sell out mother will talk her into giving the baby up for adoption to the highest bidder.
 
Madeline will be ready to read. We’ve started Hooked on Phonics and I am so excited to help her learn to read. This is one of the most important aspects of childhood. As far as I’m concerned there is walking, talking, being potty-trained, and then reading…and everything else just fits in where it can. Maybe it’s because I love reading and writing and words, basically everything about the English language, or maybe it’s because this is a monumental event towards how her brain will process and analyze information…either way I’m excited. Excited and nervous, hoping I can help her not be the kid that everyone rolls their eyes at when they get picked to read aloud in class (and we all know who that was class of 2000).
 
 
Frankie is 2. We have been counting down to this day, which happened December 18, 2007. She is a very hyper Weimaraner, a hyper breed in general, but turning 2 is a significant point in any dog’s life. It signifies the end of puppydom. And while she will still be active, hopefully she won’t be the extreme crazy, hyper, over-active, jumping, humping, licking version of the Frankie we have grown to know and love over the last 2 years. I’m not hoping for miracles, maybe just taking it down a notch or two.
 
Maybe we’ll get new windows. This is really the only thing our house needs. We didn’t have to do a thing when we moved in except bring our stuff, not even paint which was exciting since I was about to go into labor any second. The lady that owned the house had been there since her and her husband built it in 1954. She took immaculate care of the house leaving things like the exterior doors and kitchen cabinets in really good shape. To my understanding she took care of things, but did not update them. There was shag carpet, accordion door on the bedrooms, and less than desirable colored walls. When she died her children re-did the place, painting the walls as close to the colors I would have chosen without actually asking me what colors I wanted them.
 
I think Nick’s mom said she’s going to take us to Florida. A vacation is a vacation no matter how you look at it.
 
I’ll be 27 on the 27th. No explanation needed that’s just cool.
 
That’s not really 41 reasons but that’s enough for now, I should probably do some work.

© 2008 krojo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on February 7, 2008

Author

krojo
krojo

Writing
Ode to the TV Ode to the TV

A Story by krojo