The end is the beginning

The end is the beginning

A Story by knightcall

I chronicled my struggles as I moved toward certification towards being a BCC. That's a board certified chaplain, folks. Many of my poems, even before I got here were written about my conflicts with my supervisor, and the administrative assistant who believes she's more powerful than Oprah.
I needed to vent more than anything else. Our exit interviews told us that we could route our interview form through the a.a. Or simply seal it in an envelope and bypass the a.a. Four of us chose that route, and I can assure you they were all about the a.a. We have a new director coming in, and I would like those four letters to be the first thing he/she sees on their first day. One miserable day for her is all that I ask. She tried to make our lives miserable by overstepping her bounds, being racist, and very disrespectful.
I was evaluated in 53 categories. Imagine my surprise when I was given a first draft before my evaluation. We are rated 1-5 in each category. I received a 
perfect score on my evaluation, all ones. It was shocking, a little embarrassing, and 
well, something I take much pride about. I want to send to a certain nurse who held a grudge, just to let her know her bitching had not achieved the wanted effect with my supervisor.
I was chosen to give the benediction at the chapel service. I suppose that's what you get for being the class valedictorian or something.
I now head out to different healthcare systems with quite a weapon along with my resume. I see God's work in me. I am a product of my experience, but I am an unfinished masterpiece.

© 2011 knightcall


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, that is very vindictive. We do face many trials when we believe in Christ, don't we? I have had similar situations like what you describe above and it was very difficult and hard to handle, and handle correctly, godly as well. I am so glad that you feel called to do what you are doing because it is so needed in today's world. I used to work at one of the local hospitals and I could see the need for a spirit filled chaplain every single day. So, I applaud you, and will pray you touch people's lives with the love of Christ every single day.

God bless.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Us working stiffs and our clergy, as well, will be tried and tried, again. I have, always, found the 12th Psalm to be encouraging to me, in such times. I would love to know how you are doing, now! A write of triumph!

Posted 13 Years Ago


As are we all, my friend. As are we all. Unfinished masterpieces of our own design.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Congratulations
on your success,
very inspirational
your story is.
Yes often the ending is
our beginning too.
Life moves on to
a new corridor.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I am a product of my experience, but I am an unfinished masterpiece.

excellent, it doesn't get any better than that

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2011
Last Updated on August 13, 2011

Author

knightcall
knightcall

Shawnee Mission, KS



About
A trauma chaplain at an inner city hospital. Formerly a sportswriter, a native of Chicago. Now living in the Heartland. more..

Writing
repeat repeat

A Poem by knightcall



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..