A Meeting Goes Awry

A Meeting Goes Awry

A Chapter by kmzoe
"

Kaoru comforts Roy after his dream, then deals with a meeting of monsters.

"
Roisho saw his mother, standing in front of him. Her face was shadowed by the hooded cloak, covering her body. Black hair flowed around her shoulders. Roy ran for her, grabbing at the cloak swirling in the wind. Once his fingers touched the fabric, his mother's body vanished, leaving the empty cloak. 

Harsh laughter sounded behind him. Roisho turned and saw the three who had beaten him. They were gigantic, towering over the teen, vicious sneers aimed at him. 

Suddenly, they were encircled by their pack. Roy recognized the Alpha, an older, strong man. Connor's father. Roy tried to call out to him but his voice was muffled. They looked on as the three huge boys roared, faces shifting into something more animalistic. They brought their fists back and swung.

Roisho woke, failing and whining. Kaoru was sitting on the bed behind him, holding his body close to her chest.

"Roy?" she questioned gently.

Blinking a few times, he finally relaxed a bit.

"I'm fine," he said, realizing he had been in a cold sweat.

Kay's concern lifted a little. "I heard you thrashing and calling out in your sleep," she let go of him quickly, eyes wide. "Oh, sorry!"

Roisho chuckled. "It's okay. Thanks."

Kay's cheeks flushed. "I called someone to help," she said, standing up. "They'll be coming by soon."

Voices carried through the door. Kaoru turned and scowled, muttering, "I told them to be silent."

"Who is that?" Roy inquired. "Are they already here?"

"No," Kay said, annoyed. "They're some...coworkers. I asked them to help me sort some stuff out. Do you want me to close the door? We can get a bit loud."

Roisho took into account that his head was still pounding and nodded. Kay gave him a small smile and left, shutting the door quietly.

**********

Kaoru stormed into the dining room where four people sat, talking. The only man in the room was spewing words angrily at the pink haired girl across from him. At the sight of the new addition, they all grew silent. 

Seething, Kay tried to keep her voice down. "I told you to be quiet."

Glaring at the man, she waited for a response.

"I smell the blood, Kaoru. What the hell is a werewolf doing in your apartment?" he spat back, blonde hair falling in his face.

"That's none of your business, Akane," Kay kept her voice threatening. "In any case, he's here. So get over it."

"If I didn't know you better, I'd say you were hiding him," the man pressed, golden eyes glinting.

"But you don't know her," commented an oriental woman near Kaoru, two scars marking her otherwise flawless face. 

Akane crossed his arms over his chest. The pink haired girl cleared her throat, the nose and lip piercings glittering.

"Well, now that that's out of the way, down to business. What was it you wanted to talk about, Kaoru?"

"I'm sure she was just about to tell us, Premia," said the dark skinned girl next to Akane. "You missed the last two meetings. I don't see why you're still here."

"Because I have duties to the Circle," Premia countered. "And I was the first one to help Kaoru. She trusts me."

"First doesn't mean s**t-"

"Favia, calm down," Kaoru intervened. "We need to talk about Khan."

The room instantly went silent. Everyone glanced around the table, then back up to where Kaoru was standing at the head. 

"Is that why you disappeared those two months?" said the small woman near Kay.

Kaoru sighed. "Yes, Rubina. Khan tried again. I escaped him about a week ago."

The room remained silent until Premia spoke up. "Do you have a plan?"

"No, not yet," Kay admitted. "His following keeps growing. The Conclave is having a hard time pinning anything on him for execution. Even if they could, I doubt they can kill him."

"Remind me again why you can't just kill him?" Favia complained. "You're like a thousand. He should be dust by now."

"Because he is Kaoru's master," Akane answered, annoyed. "Since he, in essence, created her, Kaoru can't be the one to dust him. Khan made it physically impossible. She's barely strong enough to fight his command."

"Which is why I need you," Kaoru finished. "So, any ideas?"

The group bounced some possibilities around, becoming frustrated at the few solid plans they had. Akane began to get rowdy.

"None of these account for the timing. If we get caught in daylight-" he stopped, staring over Kaoru's shoulder.

Kay turned and saw Roisho standing just outside the bedroom door.

"Roy is everything-" 

The smell of blood invaded her senses. It was beginning to stain the bandages on his head. 

"Oh god, Roy. You opened the wound," Kaoru whispered, throat closing with thirst.

"I'm sorry, Kay. I couldn't sleep," Roisho said, holding his head.

Premia shouted behind her and Kaoru moved instinctively. She tackled Akane, sitting on him as he struggled. He hissed, fangs extended.

"Premia! Rubina!" Kaoru shouted.

The pink haired girl whispered a few words and the smell of blood was washed away, replaced by a flowery aroma. Rubina retrieved a plastic bag of red liquid from the fridge.

"You good?" Kaoru asked sharply.

Akane struggled again, then stilled, nodding. Kaoru got off him, rushing straight to where Roy stood shaking. Rubina tossed the blood bag. Akane caught it easily and sunk his canines into the cool plastic.

"Sh, Roy, it's okay," Kaoru comforted the small teen. She pulled him gently into her arms, still shaking.

Rage passed through her and Kaoru's voice came out cold. "Get out."

Akane tore his fangs from the emptied bag, blood dripping down his chin. "What?"

"I said get out," Kaoru's tone remained serious, deadly.

Akane opened his mouth, but shut it again, seeing Kay's anger tense in her back. He wiped his chin and turned to the door.

"I'll be waiting outside," he almost whispered, licking the blood from his fangs.


© 2016 kmzoe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on January 14, 2016
Last Updated on January 20, 2016


Author

kmzoe
kmzoe

FL



Writing
An Unlikely Pairing An Unlikely Pairing

A Chapter by kmzoe


WTF WTF

A Chapter by kmzoe