An Unlikely Pairing

An Unlikely Pairing

A Chapter by kmzoe
"

Spurred on by blood lust, Kaoru stumbles across a group of werewolves, one of which sparks her interest.

"
"Keep up, Roisho," growled the older boy. 

The group of teens wove through back alleyways around midnight, three of them encircling the smaller. The one leading stopped at a lot behind a run down apartment building, overgrown with weeds and littered with piles of scrap metal.

"Get over here," commanded the biggest of the group. His deep voice boomed through the night air, muscles rippling as he moved closer.

"Uh, Abiel, I don't think we should be this far from the pack at night," Roisho glanced over his shoulder nervously. The Alpha always warned about other things prowling the darkness.

Abiel grabbed his arm and tossed him into a nearby scrap pile. He and another boy, Skylar, stood over him as the third looked on. Roisho knew he wouldn't get his hands dirty because he was the Alpha's son. The others would follow him without hesitation. This whole scheme was his idea in the first place. 

"Disrespecting Connor in front of the girls was a bad move, Roy. I thought we taught you that lesson last week," Skylar chided. Abiel laughed as they hovered over him.

Roisho tried to shield his face with his skinny arms, knowing what was to come.

************

Kaoru could still feel the pull in her mind. He was a relentless monster and it was all she could do to fight it. The pang of hunger helped but it wasn't much of a reprieve. She tried to hide her fangs in case anyone passed by but the thirst was so strong, she shivered with need. 

Damn him for doing this. Kaoru had gone three years without incident and he finds her in a damn grocery store. The b*****d kept her chained in his basement for two months, starving. Once she escaped, she had run as far as her thirst let her. 

The smell of fresh blood hit her nostrils and Kaoru was moving before she even realized. The tangy aroma led her to a large vacant lot behind a few old buildings. On the other side of the open space, she spotted three large figures standing over a much smaller one, propped on a sheet of metal. The crimson liquid stained two of the boys' knuckles, that which Kaoru's body craved. She licked her lips unconsciously and  moved forward, staying behind debri. 

A pained moan stopped her in her tracks, escaping the younger boy. His arms had been flung to the side and his face was beaten, the source of blood Kaoru had followed. He tried to turn, to curl in on himself, but the biggest of the group shoved him back, punching his midsection. A gasping cough echoed through the empty space and a rage settled in Kaoru that blocked out her thirst and master's calling. 

"Hey, boys. Having fun?" Kaoru caught the bullies by surprise. They spun around to see the tall red head, muscles tensed and fangs out, barely hidden by her lips. 

"F*****g vampire," said the lanky teen standing to the side. "Leave or you're dead." He turned back to the others' ministrations. 

Kaoru's eyes narrowed. He was standing the closest to her. Lucky. "I don't think you understand your situation," she said lowly. "Three little wolf pups, covered in blood, are threatening a hungry vampire." 

The insolent boy turned to fully face her. "The three of us are plenty to kill you, b***h."

"Connor, we should get out of here," said one of his lackeys, the one with less blood on his fists.

"Shut up, Skylar," Connor growled. 

Kaoru smirked, showing off her fangs more. She felt her thirst settle in once more and made her decision.

"You know, I wasn't in the mood to fight, but since you asked so nicely-" 

Kaoru leapt forward at Connor, hands clawing at his shirt. They hit the ground, the vampire pinning the young werewolf by his shoulder. She grinned at his fear-filled eyes, baring her fangs. Connor struggled to no avail, snarling at her. Another of the group, Skylar, rushed forward and tried to tackle Kaoru. She easily pulled him across, throwing him into a scrap pile with a hard thud. The other had fled, leaving the small boy where he lay. 

Kaoru moved closer to the struggling werewolf's face, growling and flashing her fangs. "The smell of blood was too good to resist, but seeing you do that to one of your pack," she glanced to the younger boy, "makes this even better."

Her fangs were centimeters away from Connor's throat when a small whine came from Kaoru's right. She sat up and turned, easing off the werewolf a little. The beaten form was trying to go toward them, fresh blood running from dark hair, down his face. The movements were jerky, pained, as he pushed himself off the jagged metal. 

"Stop. Let him go," he said roughly, Kaoru's eyes drifting to his bruised neck. 

She moved quicker than the two boys could follow, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and hoisting him into the air. Connor, now free, rolled away.

"You're gonna leave one of your pack? I thought you were friends," Kaoru snarled, turning to glare at him.

"He's not my friend," Connor said as he stood. "You can have him." 

Without looking back, Connor disappeared into the buildings surrounding the lot.

Kaoru scowled and looked up at the boy, three feet off the ground. 

"Can you stand on your own?" The softly spoken question made his eyes widen in surprise.

"I...uh.."

Kaoru set him down gently, anger receding from her face but the concentration didn't ease.

"You...you're not..." The boy stuttered. 

"No. My name's...Kay. What's your name?" she asked.

"R-roisho," he breathed, staring at her still exposed fangs.

Kaoru smiled. "Roisho," she repeated. The smile faded. "Are you going back? To your pack, I mean."

Roisho pondered what she said but couldn't tear his eyes from her elongated canines. Kaoru was concerned with his silence, but didn't want to press him. She was already preoccupied with trying not to lick the blood off his face.

"I...I don't know," Roisho stared at his feet. Kay noticed his eyes fluttering shut, body swaying slightly.

"Roisho, are you-" The beaten teen's knees buckled and Kaoru had to catch him. His crimson covered face pressed into her shoulder as she took on his weight. The scent of  iron was stronger, pushing Kaoru. Her hands trembled with the effort not to devour him.

She sighed heavily. "This isn't gonna be easy."

*************

 Roisho opened his eyes to find himself in a dark bedroom. The windows were covered with heavy curtains. His current position on the bed was wrinkled, but so were the sheets to his left. His shirt was missing, a few bandages now crossing his chest. Roisho panicked and tried to bolt up. Immediately regretting the decision, he moaned as pain shot through his head. Reaching down with one hand, Roisho was relieved to find his khaki shorts remaining in place. 

The door to his right opened and a dim light filtered into the room. Kaoru appeared, moving to the bedside.

"You okay, Roisho?"

The teen blinked, barely remembering his own name at the moment. 

"I think so. Where..."

Kaoru smiled, albeit grimmly. "This is my apartment, for the time being. You collapsed, so I brought you here."

Roisho reached up to his head after a particularly hurtful wave went through, feeling another bandage running through his dark hair. 

"When the pain meds wear off, you're going to be a bit sore, especially your neck," Kaoru commented, eyes flicking over his injuries.

Roisho's hand shot to his throat. He felt around for the telltale holes, but only found a dull ache from bruising.

"I didn't take your blood," Kaoru said softly, a hurt look flashing over her face. "I have plenty of donor blood in the fridge."

Roisho looked away from her, embarrassed. "Sorry, I-"

"No, it's okay. I get it, Roisho. Not like it hasn't happened before," Kaoru reassured him. 

Roisho felt guilt creep in on him. He was sore, but could've very well been dead. 

"Roy."

Kaoru looked at him confused, searching his eyes.

"Roy. I'll call you Kay, if you call me Roy."

Kaoru smiled, no fangs to be seen. "Okay, Roy."

He tried to sit up again, Kay slowing him with a firm hand on his shoulder. Roy grit his teeth against the flares of sharp aches from his torso. A few cries and Kay was rushing into another room for more pain medicine. After she administered it to him, she handed him a remote for the TV across the room. 

"Take it easy. You've been out for two days. I'll be in the other room, taking care of some work. The door will be open if you need anything." 

Kay pat his hand and gave him a light smile, exiting the room. Roisho didn't even bother turning the TV on, though he wished he had. He fell asleep and his dreams turned into nightmares.


© 2016 kmzoe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on January 14, 2016
Last Updated on January 19, 2016


Author

kmzoe
kmzoe

FL



Writing
A Meeting Goes Awry A Meeting Goes Awry

A Chapter by kmzoe


WTF WTF

A Chapter by kmzoe