The End of My Soul

The End of My Soul

A Story by The Devil's Own B***h

I made a huge decision in my life yesterday: I no longer want to be among the living.  It hurts so much to be a part of this “race” and still be isolated and oh so alone.  I know that I am the one (a lot of the time) who isolates myself, but what do you expect when throughout my life I have been shoved out of any “social gatherings”.  I’ve never been welcome anywhere.  Why would it be different now?  I just wish I knew what it is about me that people don’t seem to like.  Why am I treated like a disease (although some people would prefer the disease to me)?  I’ve come to terms with not having friends and not being liked, but that doesn’t make it hurt any less.  Obviously part of me still yearns for that ‘connection’ and that ‘appreciation’…

 

Then there’s that ‘myth’ – Love.  God, I hate it!  It destroys even the strongest-willed person.  But once again, it’s something we all still long for; spend our life-times searching for.  Why?  What is it about this fallacy that keeps us believing that one day we will find it?  Why do we remain so naive and utterly stupid?

What is it about this particular man in my life?  Why did he come into my life if he’s just staying out of it?  Why did I even try my luck with him in the first place?  Was there ever anything there to suggest that I stood a chance?

 

Copyright©JosieWentzel26October2007

 

© 2008 The Devil's Own B***h


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on September 4, 2008

Author

The Devil's Own B***h
The Devil's Own B***h

Roodepoort, South Africa



About
My name is Josie and I am what people term 'weird'. I love my poetry; reading; writing; and being miserable. I know, that sounds odd, but misery is what I know and enjoy most in life. It's been a b.. more..

Writing