The herbivore of wall street

The herbivore of wall street

A Story by kite kid
"

the darkest side of human nature is real, but only a few can bring about a counterpart that can bring such evil. john who doesn't know the capability of his dark thoughts and so he tries to stop it.

"

More and more I complete my dying testament that I will leave when I commit the act. I know more than anyone that I won't last a week before I crumble in that cell. But I’m going to put my fate in my own hands so I can leave this world without any doubt or sympathy towards my actions. through the thought scares me half to death that there might be an afterlife and I know that the pearly gate won’t open for the likes of me.


Action of my crimes began purely, I was looking just to go further in Wall Street but greed and pride have slithered around my neck, choking, and staring with its tantalizing eyes of gold.  My boss who was huffing and puffing for me to get some clients before he would blow down my career. But even if he was an a*s, he would help me out and give me tips but recently he began to be on edge. As if he would be killed, if he didn't do 100% of all is work.


One night in the office, I would over work and almost collapsed if I didn't get my fix of dark, black, and creamy coffee from the biggest monopolized coffee shop in this country (Starbucks). I would over look at the corner where my boss’s office would be and thinking how easy it would be to simply pop in to steal some of his Cuban cigars from under his desk. But the possibility of my boss being there might be a higher chance than not being there. luckily, by chance I see a glimmer of light through the outside of his door. And so being the suck up I am, I get a cup from the cabinet and poor some rejuvenating nectar from the employee lounge and then I hear something like a snake. Out of the blue I see no one but suddenly I feel something warm flowing from my nose. It was my own blood.


Truly I found myself alarmed by the fact of my nose bleeding and my face twitching in an unbearable motion. I feel helpless like an infant who's crying, but I keep on trying to stand but I slowly sink to floor. When I feel my knees touch the ground I suddenly hear my name being called over thousands of times, “John, John, John, John, John!!!" Then everything around me goes black. With these horrifying sounds I could only grasp at the air while not seeing anything but a vast emptiness surrounding me.


Not knowing any time or place I see a hole, a hole of light. I immediately ran towards it. Not knowing to fear it or run away, I just wanted to embrace this new object that could be my only hope of survival.


I look through the hole, I see the employee lounge and I see hands but I don't know who they are. I see now that I was desperate and fearful of what might happen next but to tantalized by this view that I couldn't run away. So I kept on watching, the hands moved through the drawers until it found a dull pointy knife.


Thinking of the possibility of what this knife could bring was something of a terrifying theory. Closely looking at the hand I notice a mark on the left side of the right hand. Just like mine. But before I could speculate any further I see that the hands and the body connected to the hands were moving towards the boss’s office.


I feel my body being squeezed, hear nothing but hissing from what has coiled around my body. The bite came next, the fangs of this thing pierced my skull and then directed my head to the hole. Now, I have no option but to look at the hole. The thought of what this thing is and why I’m still alive after having two fangs lodged deeply in my skull. my only option now was to blindly go with the flow of this things plan.


The door opens to my boss’s room where he's probably working. But I just see him smoking his cigar, enjoying what was left of his cigar before going back to his work. Leaning back in his fine leather chair, not noticing there was someone less than 5 feet away from him. Then all the memories of this man’s company was fleeting through my head, the bad, the good, and the greats. Without a second, I saw what could only be described as what you would see in the nightmares invented by the devil himself. That dullness of the knife only created more pain for my boss and the feeling of grief and sorrow engulfed my being. But then before I could shed a tear I hear my boss’s final words.


boss  said, " Why do you smile while........John?"


I feel the thing uncoil around my body, the fangs loosen and detach from my skull. I fall to what I think is a floor. I fall deeply in a dreamless sleep in which I haven't felt for so long.


I awake in my house with myself in front of the fireplace still crackling and burning. I sit in a plush chair, made with fine oak, an outstanding fabric. But I see there's stains on the armrest of the chair, a dull red, and my hands are tainted from the blood of my boss. I look around to try and notice anything out of place. On the left of me there was a letter folded and the initials of my name. I open the letter smoothly so not to tear it.


JHC

Dear counterpart,


"I’m truly happy to see what has become of you, because of it I was born. Not a child looking for attention but as a helping hand to you. So to not give you any wrong ideas I have sent you some "good will" or a statement of my friendship and a contract to you John.  I have taken the liberty of taking your unneeded stress and anxiety. I did this before you devoured yourself like the ouroboros who eats its own tail to symbolize the never ending cycle of self-torture. but others believe of its to be infinity, a state in which our soul will forever be in. its bothersome to think otherwise John, so to  help you into this new regime , I have made you view my acts that you brought to thought and I acted on it for your behalf. We are now and until death do us part, we are brothers John and you are my creator."


Yours truly, Cain


I feel a tremble down my spine, as if a snake was slithering up to my head and then latching itself around my neck. So I walk slowly to the restroom, like the calm before the storm. I open the door, I look in the mirror and look straight into my eyes so I could somehow talk to Cain. But I saw the outline of a snake around my neck, almost invisible. I have never given up hope until I saw blood, like the scarlet colors of the snake’s eyes. I realized then I would never be back to the person I used to be. With fluttering ideals of being one of the lucky few that could make it, in Wall Street. I was naive, I was broken goods that could never become a golden apple.


This might be my confession, and or testament to the sin of my acts I don't know any more. But I do take full responsibility for all the evil I have created and done. And now I’m staring at the eyes of guilt with only the intentions to make it fall to the very pits of hell. “Cursed are you above all livestock and all wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.” (Bible)

© 2015 kite kid


Author's Note

kite kid
comment on basically anything. even this comment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
Added on January 4, 2015
Last Updated on February 18, 2015
Tags: psychological, horror, thriller, mystery, philosophy, and gothic

Author

kite kid
kite kid

seattle, WA



About
so basically, 1. Im selfish 2. really content with my surroundings. 3. love catcher in the rye maybe because i view myself as not really optimistic person. 4. i like to lie 5. i like writing an.. more..

Writing