the clock smiles

the clock smiles

A Story by kite kid
"

trying and doing cant be said if you don't want to wake up. specially tom, who is having problems and awkward ones at that. but through his hopes of being better he finds a silver lining.

"
2 clock, i'm still in bed and i need to meet him. i can't dream but i still hope to awake before they might come back. even so i still march out of bed to get my operation and by some miracle traffic will allow me passage through this day ,i would believe in god if so. 
so now its 3:30 and now in his office and i hear the tip tap of the secretary walking. i think of ways i can confront her without being desperate but i just stumble and trip over my words. truly i stand staring at her like i'm a stoker or by seeing this stare you think i was crazy. but in reality i'm just any 35 year old dude. so i tempt to show some kind of grit by giving a big smile ( like the one Freddy has in "nightmare on elms street") and i  slowly walk almost like i'm  about to defuse a bomb. i look closely and i see that she is about to look my way and by some cruel hell the phone rings. i stop in my tracks, i look at the clock and it hasn't been two minutes since i got here. i hear the phone slam on the table, i turn to see what i could only view as a golden chance to get in the friend zone.

secretary " why am i so lame, i cant even find myself a good boy" sob sob sob

now truly i think i see the miracle that came to  life and i could see my opportunity so very  clearly now. but of course there's a god damn catch, of all things i see my doctor going to comfort her. and i'm still standing in the middle of the room thinking do i look awkward. so came the doctor almost suddenly seeing me and not to happy either.

doctor " hey , why are you so sad my dear?"
secretary " my dog just got lost to day, and and my boyfriend cant find him."

just then i see my doctor suddenly hugs her and gives her the old yeller speech. bla bla bla, i could see him thinking how easy it would be to cancel out all of his appointment because he could use the excuse of finding some little rat. then he looks my way and i could prophecies what this as#ho## was going to say.

doctor " I'm so sorry tom we cant do your vasectomy today. maybe next Tuesday, like at 2 clock."
tom " of course, i see that you have a important duty to perform and so i'll just be going"

i turn my head like the tool i am and see that it is 3: 40 and i just think that my guardian angel just spat at my life. but soon enough i realized it might be a blessing since i don't have to pick up my kids for a couple of hours. 

still i think sometimes to myself that if i wasn't a tool or even a 35 year old buzz kill, i could of made a better choice to sleep in to day then lose all sense of value in less then 2 hours.

© 2015 kite kid


Author's Note

kite kid
this is my first actually fictional story. so please give me any comments to improve.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on January 3, 2015
Last Updated on January 3, 2015
Tags: sarcasm, psychological, fiction, depression

Author

kite kid
kite kid

seattle, WA



About
so basically, 1. Im selfish 2. really content with my surroundings. 3. love catcher in the rye maybe because i view myself as not really optimistic person. 4. i like to lie 5. i like writing an.. more..

Writing