One sided love !

One sided love !

A Screenplay by kenza salmi


      It is so hurtful to love someone who doesn’t love you back. Celia was a very beautiful and kind twenty-years-old girl, and Tiago was an arrogant rich guy who was Celia’s neighbor and who went to the same university as her. Celia fell deeply in love with Tiago, but he wasn’t in love with her. She loved him to the extent that she couldn’t fell asleep at night without being sure that he was fine. Particularly, she spent most of the time crying since she was suffering all alone. Obviously, it is painful to see the person you love doing things with others and deal with you as a stranger, or to feel that he doesn't notice your presence or your absence. That gorgeous girl never tried to make him know that she was dying every single second without him even though she had a sparkle in her eye whenever she saw him. "Good morning" or "good afternoon" were the only words he told her; he didn’t even say her name.

 


 
   One year had passed and Celia couldn’t stop thinking of him; she was dying in great despair. Once in a cold rainy night, Celia went out without wearing a jacket, and stayed in front of his house crying and thinking of him. At that moment, he came out to her while he was drunk.

“Good evening, Celia." He greeted her.

It seems that this time he uttered her name. Celia was surprised since she didn’t expect his coming, so she looked at him with teary eyes without saying a word. It is really harmful to be with the person you love, but you can’t even tell them about your real feelings because you know that they will never be with you.

    After few minutes he began telling her his story. What an unbelievable reality! He was suffering since he and his best friend were in love with the same girl. Celia didn’t say anything since she was shocked by his words. What a dreadful life! She was suffering because of him and he was living a painful life without a girl. Celia was certainly unable to resist anymore.

     Shortly after that, Tiago quietly came up to Celia and gave her a big tight hug, but she was frowned by his behavior, and ran to her home leaving him alone. Later, she was writhing in agony; whereas, he spent the night outside under the rain. During that time, she was watching him from the window and couldn’t stop crying all the night.

“Why is that happening to me?"She repeated these words sorrowfully.

         The next day, she met him, but that time he wasn’t the same person who was crying and asking for help as he didn’t even look at her. Courageously, Celia decided not to think of him again and to start a new chapter of her life, but her attempt failed as she couldn't sleep without seeing him and being sure that he was doing well.


     Her family were wondering about the reasons behind her change since she stopped laughing with her sisters, stayed alone listening to sad songs, and was losing weight. Celia was always sinking in her painful dreams.  Clearly, he took everything with him even her beautiful attractive and innocent smile. Till now, it looks that this pain will never end. A year later, her cousin, George, who lived in France visited Celia and her family. Celia was so happy for his coming because he was her best friend; they used to spend unforgettable moments together. Interestingly, George and Celia loved going to the beach, walking for miles and spending hours in the water and on the sand.

“I really missed you." Celia told George joyfully when he arrived.

 

   One day, while Celia and George were chatting happily.

  George unpredictably said, “I love you. I want to marry you. I want to be with you for the rest of my life."

After a moment of silence she asked him to find another woman because she was sure that she would never love him the same as she did to Tiago. She was a crazy girl because it was an opportunity for forgetting that arrogant guy, but apparently his love blinded her. 

“I don’t want to find another woman because I’ve found the perfect woman…I don’t want to lose you since you’ve caught my heart." George replied with a smile.

   George was smart, confident, had a great sense of humor, and he was rather good-looking, too. Also he loved her. So why would she refuse his offer? After that, Celia unexpectedly accepted his offer; they smiled at each other then they walked out to his car hand in hand.  When they arrived to her family home, they met Tiago who congratulated them.

 “You are a nice couple. I wish you all the best." He said with a dry smile.

 Celia was surprised since she didn’t know that George knew Tiago.

“Do you know each other?”Celia asked shockingly.

   They looked at each other and told her that they were friends for more than three years. Later on, George told her that he met Tiago abroad where he lived and from that time they became friends and he was always in touch with him to ask about her.

 

     At the wedding party, Celia looked like an angel as she was stunning with the white short dress, red lipstick and long brown hair. It was a silent night with a very beautiful full moon. There were a lot of guests and everything was noticeably wonderful. The walls were decorated with various types of flowers and different kinds of lights. Undeniably, all guests were comforted, and did like everything in the party. Tiago wore a black suit which made him look as if he was the groom. And George was elegant, too.

    George walked right up to Celia and said, “You are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." And then he asked her for a dance.

     She stood up with confidence and with a ready smile she accepted his offer. While they were dancing she noticed Tiago, who was drinking, was looking at them in a strange way.

    At that moment Celia ran into Tiago, without taking care about the guests or even her husband, and asked, “What’s happening to you, Tiago?"

   He looked at her with teary eyes and said, “Now there is a shadow in my heart that nothing or no-one can remove."

    Suddenly, she remembered that day when he told her his story; at that moment he brokenheartedly told her;

   "I love you... I can’t stop thinking of you. How will I forget your beautiful smile and your happy laugh?"

   Tiago was hopeless and Celia was shocked to know this damn truth. He loved her for more than three years without saying a word until the day when she could do nothing to protect her love to him. After a moment of confusion, George came ;

 “Your love is as strong as ever, Congrats!" Tiago told George while he was drinking and gazing at the moon.

   George didn’t know the reasons behind Celia and Tiago’s tears, so he was looking at them with growing perplexity. After a while, George answered tenderly;

   “Thanks, brother."

  After very few minutes, Celia run into her room and never got out; therefore, all guests were wondering about the reasons that led her to do that. Then, George went to her room and asked her to open the door, but she refused to talk to him or to anyone else.

"I don't want to see anybody, leave me alone", Celia screamed out mournfully.

  It was the worst night she had ever lived. People usually spend their wedding parties in a state of great excitement, happiness and zests, but she spent it crying; she was in floods of tears the whole night.  After a deep thinking, Celia decided to keep her promise, even though she was sure that falling in love with her husband was not an easy task, and be a good wife; George's wife.

    The next day, George tried to ask Celia about the last night, but she refused to answer. Afterward, they travelled to France as George's family lived there and where he had a good job in a very successful company.

   Two years later,  Celia’s mother called inviting her for her sister Mary's wedding. Celia was so happy for her sister, but George had a lot of things to do to be back home the wedding day.


   Celia was about to have a heart attack when she saw Tiago, again. So she closed her eyes and stalked away while Tiago didn’t even look at her. He hugged George and started asking him about his job and his parents.

 “Congratulations, Mary." Celia said happily.

   After a moment, Celia asked Mary about the groom as she didn’t ask her mother before.

“Tiago, our neighbor! You know him, don't you?" Mary answered while she was putting on makeup.

  “Tiago! How was that?” Celia replied astonishingly.

Mary smiled and began telling her the story.

 “After your marriage Tiago went through hell because the girl he loved got married to another man. He was drinking all the time, and used to sit down under the window of our room crying like a child who lost his mother. I tried to be on his side and to help him overcome his problem. I asked him about the girl he loved, but he didn’t tell me anything about her. Anyway, I really love him as much as you can’t even imagine."  Mary added with teary eyes.

   Celia didn’t comment on her words. She gave her a hug and a dry smile and went out. While Celia was sitting alone, Tiago and George came.

“Tiago and Mary are the most wonderful couple I’ve ever seen. What do you think Celia?” George said with a big smile.

  Celia didn’t say anything she was looking at Tiago sorrowfully whereas he was smiling dearly and looking at George. She wanted to forget him, but he became a member of her family. How would she accept the idea of his being with her sister? How could she cope with that bitter reality?

  At the wedding party, all guests were enjoying the moment while Celia was sitting in a dark corner where no-one can notice her; looking at the groom and weeping tears like a young woman who heard that her husband has just died. Mary seems the happiest girl in the universe and Tiago spent that night lost since he seemed as if he was searching for someone, but who is that one? -It goes without saying that he was looking for that beautiful unlucky woman; Celia who didn't show.

 "I wish that I had never known you, Celia", Tiago murmured unhappily.

  Tiago tried to fall in love with Mary, but when he met Celia he discovered that he truly loved only one woman in his whole life, Celia. As always, Tiago had never cheated on others, so he would never betray Mary's confidence in him. Therefore; he was obliged to forget Celia and live with Mary for the rest of his life.

  After the wedding, Celia and George travelled to France. It seemed that Celia was so sad as she didn't say a word during the last two days, and she didn't even eat well. George was surprised at what happened to his gorgeous wife; however, he couldn't ask because she didn't give him the chance to.   

   Two years had passed and Celia still unable to love her husband as a man because he was just a lovely friend for her. After Mary's wedding, Celia did know nothing about her family as she stopped calling them and when she received their phone calls she didn't reply. On the other hand, George was sure that she didn't love him; however, he was not sure that she loved another man. Despite his suffering, he was a very kind man as he was always trying to make her love him.

 On a very cold rainy night, Celia got out of her home crying and thinking of that night when Tiago told her about his story.

  She smiled sadly and said, "I will never think of you again, Tiago"

After half an hour; she got in her home where she found George talking to Mary who told him that she was pregnant.

"What a horror awful life we're living!" Celia whispered miserably.

Few days later, Celia realized she was in the wrong path and promised to turn over a new leaf. Eventually, she got a baby girl and lived happily with George ever after.

 

© 2016 kenza salmi


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

Mother seen washed bone..............

Posted 7 Years Ago


Beautiful! I would not change a thing about it. There is a beautiful expression in every piece of work that reflects that which shall never be reflected again. It is as a picture of a single moment, a moment that shall not arise similarly again. This is a beautiful expression. Thank you for sharing this piece, kenza.

Posted 8 Years Ago


kenza salmi

8 Years Ago

Thanks a billion dear for your review.....wish ya all the best :)
Lovely work, I must say the story is very unique and the ending was amazing... You descriptions seemed perfect to me... A job well done with excellent presentation of characters...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 8 Years Ago


kenza salmi

8 Years Ago

thanks a billion dear ....thanks a lot for your kind comment !
this is so heart touching i loved it. keep it up

Posted 8 Years Ago


kenza salmi

8 Years Ago

thanks dear for reviewing my work......Thans a billion :)
This story took an unexpected turn. I really do love it though. You did a wonderful job.

Posted 8 Years Ago


kenza salmi

8 Years Ago

mm thanks for making time to read it...thanks a mill for the review !
AmandaFuller

8 Years Ago

No problem. I really loved it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

365 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 27, 2016
Last Updated on June 27, 2016

Author

kenza salmi
kenza salmi

Algeria



About
All I want is to be a good WRITER. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


W.A.R W.A.R

A Story by Usman Muhammad


Freedom Freedom

A Chapter by Matching Socks


The Needle The Needle

A Story by Jasmine